Post-rejection...What to do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolslugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Low overall and science GPA (<3.0), low DAT scores, great volunteer work, dental and research experience...what to do now?
1) Retake the DAT
2) What are my chances of not being rejected by a post-bacc program?
3) What are my chances of not being rejected by a SMS program?
4) What other options are there besides finding a job?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what your chances might be if you did great in some post bacc.. I think it would only help you. Honestly, I think you ought to contact some of the schools that you applied to and ask them for advice to how you can improve your application. Regardless, which you do know, you have to get a competitive score on the DAT. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.

If I don't get in this year than I am planning on a few things. First, due to my poor DAT's scores I am going to retake those. Next, I want to obtain "life experince". To do this I plan on becoming an EMT and working that job for a year. I also plan on working in my fathers office and getting a research position at my undergraduate school. Finally, I am going to wait to re-submit my application until the following year so that all of the previously mentioned work will be present on my application at the time of submittion. I hope this helps!

Also, don't feel bad! It has taken me a long time to feel better about myself and my application, but I was able to do this. If you keep working for it and show the admissions staff that you want this more than anything then you are bound to get in some year! :thumbup: