1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Scramble spots

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by medinah, Mar 4, 2007.

1. medinah

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Anybody know how many PGY-2 spots, on average, become available nationwide from after the scramble spots fill up till the start of the Rad. residency 15 months later?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hans19

hans19 I'm back...
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    After the scramble they are ALL taken. Typically throughout the year 2-3 spots will open up 'unexpectedly' for positions starting PGY-2, but you have to be on top of things and proactive to find them. By the time these spots are announced on Auntminnie they will be filled.

Even if you think you may not be a competitive candidate, your best chances are to apply as a 4th year medical student.

4. chadlee99

Resident [Any Field]
    I got to know from reliable sources that LSUHSC Shreveport is expanding the program and increasing the number of slots.
    Contact the program for further details.

5. Docxter

Docxter Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Not exactly. I know of programs who have preferred to keep their spot unfilled in the scramble, and fill it later via drop-outs from other specialties rather than take someone who hasn't matched.