medinah

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Anybody know how many PGY-2 spots, on average, become available nationwide from after the scramble spots fill up till the start of the Rad. residency 15 months later?

hans19

I'm back...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Anybody know how many PGY-2 spots, on average, become available nationwide from after the scramble spots fill up till the start of the Rad. residency 15 months later?

After the scramble they are ALL taken. Typically throughout the year 2-3 spots will open up 'unexpectedly' for positions starting PGY-2, but you have to be on top of things and proactive to find them. By the time these spots are announced on Auntminnie they will be filled.

Even if you think you may not be a competitive candidate, your best chances are to apply as a 4th year medical student.

chadlee99

10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I got to know from reliable sources that LSUHSC Shreveport is expanding the program and increasing the number of slots.
Contact the program for further details.

Docxter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
After the scramble they are ALL taken.

Not exactly. I know of programs who have preferred to keep their spot unfilled in the scramble, and fill it later via drop-outs from other specialties rather than take someone who hasn't matched.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.