Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Post Secondary Question: Updating Schools on 'Small/Irrelevant' Job.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by i4171, 09.24.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. i4171

i4171 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am now working part time at a tutor center to make some extra cash. This would be the only update I could give to the schools that I'm waiting on (1 interview and waiting on secondaries). Would it be worth updating most of the schools with this?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. NoDakDok

NoDakDok 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Do you expect any more significant updates previous to the end of the cycle? If not, you could make this what I'd essentially call a combined letter of update and interest, where you let them know of the additional activity(ies) you're doing and then go on to why you think X school is good for you, with specifics. Extra points if you can make that tie into your update and make it sound like a logical progression.

If you are expecting more significant updates, I would wait for those given this one is benign.

About the ads