Post Secondary Question: Updating Schools on 'Small/Irrelevant' Job.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i4171

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am now working part time at a tutor center to make some extra cash. This would be the only update I could give to the schools that I'm waiting on (1 interview and waiting on secondaries). Would it be worth updating most of the schools with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I am now working part time at a tutor center to make some extra cash. This would be the only update I could give to the schools that I'm waiting on (1 interview and waiting on secondaries). Would it be worth updating most of the schools with this?

Do you expect any more significant updates previous to the end of the cycle? If not, you could make this what I'd essentially call a combined letter of update and interest, where you let them know of the additional activity(ies) you're doing and then go on to why you think X school is good for you, with specifics. Extra points if you can make that tie into your update and make it sound like a logical progression.

If you are expecting more significant updates, I would wait for those given this one is benign.