Post Submission Mistakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you find a mistake in one of your essays, etc. AFTER submitting it?!!!! :mad: :mad:

I just realized that in my "why X School" essays, I said something along the lines of "the integration of bla bla bla is very well integrated bla bla bla" I reread it and I never noticed this? I mean, it's not a terrible mistake since the sentence still makes sense....but it's just plain dumb. It's as if I wrote the first half of the sentence, took a break, and then wrote the second half thinking about the same idea!

I hope they don't actually really care about something like this....or else....there's another rejection :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

After submission, I don't want to look at my essays again unless invited for an interview. Why ruminate over something that cannot be undone?

zach1201 said:
After submission, I don't want to look at my essays again unless invited for an interview. Why ruminate over something that cannot be undone?

good point! until I look at my essay and think "wow, how did i ever get an interview here!" :laugh:

I just saw it because I was using it as a "template" for another "Why X" essay. I wasn't actually going back through already submitted materials :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you're just really into, um, integration? :luck:

Yeah, I went over my AMCAS Experience Summaries with a fine-tooth comb...

only to discover a typo thirty seconds after submitting it.

I still take the cake on this
I spelled the name of the school incorrectly in the seconday. The only way to do worse than that is copy and paste an essay for another school and forget to change the name completely.

narc said:
I spelled the name of the school incorrectly in the seconday. The only way to do worse than that is copy and paste an essay for another school and forget to change the name completely.

Rock on!

narc, FTW!

:laugh:

narc said:

lol nice, what school was this?

jackieMD2007 said:
Maybe you're just really into, um, integration? :luck:

Who doesn't love integrating :D

narc, yea, i think you win so far :( but definitely not as bad as switching the school name! I almost did that last year. Letter of interest was in the envelope, and then I realized it as I read it one more time on my computer and immediately tore it up!

The school was pitt. I left the 'H' off the end. Stupid MS Word didn't catch it. Oh well, I am sure I am not the only one who has done this. It will make for a good laugh.

narc said:
The school was pitt. I left the 'H' off the end. Stupid MS Word didn't catch it. Oh well, I am sure I am not the only one who has done this. It will make for a good laugh.

"how dare he leave the "H" off of pittsburgh! :mad: Kids these days don't have any respect!" ::rips application in half:: :p

To be fair, "Pittsburgh" wasn't always spelled with an "h" at the end. Of course, you may get pegged as a bit anachronistic... ;)

Quix said:
To be fair, "Pittsburgh" wasn't always spelled with an "h" at the end.

really? story time!!!! :D

C.P. Jones said:
really? story time!!!! :D

Something about tax evasion and throwing off the British...

No, actually it isn't that interesting. Apparently it was due to rejecting a measure to standardize names.

Wikipedia, FWIW.