Post UCI Alternate List Movement here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
on sunday i heard that uci had 28 spots to fill, so hopefully some of you waiting will get some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad.

dabenxiong said:
On my UCI status page, I see that the date next to "alternate" changed from 4/xx to 6/1. For UCLA, it seems that any sign of change date at this point on the status page means good news, but I don't think that's the case for UCI since it appears that ppl who get off the waitlist get phone calls....
I think I remember someone having that change just prior to an accept during one of the previous years.... Maybe you're in! (Had to go look.... still says November for me... November!... half a year ago :( )

Yup mine still says April...I think it means that you'll be getting a call soon. Someone else said their date changed the same day they got a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch... November, Mr reddly? That is just nuts! Well, the list must be ranked by now. I have to ask my friend when she interviewed and we can compare the date of interview with others who have been accepted. It could be that the earlier interviewees are being reviewed first as a courtesy... I'm going to withdraw as soon as I sign a lease for an apartment at Loma Linda... so early July I believe...

Good Luck mikeyboy and Mr. Reddly :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: I hope you guys get to stay in CA.

Ya. My last interview was in october... talk about hurry up and wait.
Wish they would cut some of us like ucsd did so we can stop waiting if we're on the bottom.
You know, had I joined SDN earlier, I think I could have listed "avatar making" as one of my strengths on the app. :laugh: them: "so, what's unique about you?" me: "well... I like to keep modifying my avatar all the time..."

mikeyboy said:
Yup mine still says April...I think it means that you'll be getting a call soon. Someone else said their date changed the same day they got a call.

Umm...i doubt that's the case. It's been 4 days and I still haven't gotten any phone calls or signs that I'm accepted. Should I call/email the admissions office?

Mr Reddly said:
Ya. My last interview was in october... talk about hurry up and wait.
Wish they would cut some of us like ucsd did so we can stop waiting if we're on the bottom.
You know, had I joined SDN earlier, I think I could have listed "avatar making" as one of my strengths on the app. :laugh: them: "so, what's unique about you?" me: "well... I like to keep modifying my avatar all the time..."
Your avatar's really cool now!

dabenxiong said:
Umm...i doubt that's the case. It's been 4 days and I still haven't gotten any phone calls or signs that I'm accepted. Should I call/email the admissions office?

I would call if you haven't heard from them. I got the call on Wednesday or Thursday and my status page had already changed to say 6/1. I interviewed in early October. Good luck all!

Thanks for the update lirpa2004; are you planning on attending, or still trying to decide? I think that this point every spot that opens up really matters to us on the alternate list...

Thanks CalBeE. And goodlluck on your interview. Maybe that will free up a spot at ucla and that in turn will free up a spot at another... uc school. :luck:

lirpa2004 said:
I would call if you haven't heard from them. I got the call on Wednesday or Thursday and my status page had already changed to say 6/1. I interviewed in early October. Good luck all!

I just called UCI and Gayle told me that is NOT the case.... :(

dabenxiong said:
I just called UCI and Gayle told me that is NOT the case.... :(

Did you ask her what the change meant? Does it just mean that your file had been re-reviewed and placed back in the pile?

Spitting Camel said:
Did you ask her what the change meant? Does it just mean that your file had been re-reviewed and placed back in the pile?

No I didn't ask. I really should have but I forgot. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that I was accepted to the UCI MD/PhD Program, so I guess a date change does mean a good news.

dabenxiong said:
I just found out that I was accepted to the UCI MD/PhD Program, so I guess a date change does mean a good news.

yay! congratulations! Did you get a call from Dr. peterson?

angstrom55 said:
yay! congratulations! Did you get a call from Dr. peterson?

I didn't get the phone message because I'm currently in Taiwan. I found out that I got in from an email by Dr. Goldin, the MSTP director.

dabenxiong said:
I didn't get the phone message because I'm currently in Taiwan. I found out that I got in from an email by Dr. Goldin, the MSTP director.

Congrats... that is so awesome! You will be there with my friend Greg, who is also doing the MD/PhD at UCI!

Holy cow! My status page changed today!!!!!!! I hope Gayle was lying when she said it didn't mean anything... Lie to me baby! Lie like you've never lied before!!!! :laugh:

Sounds like it's good news! I don't know why they would change anything unless your status somehow changed. Mine's still the same.

Spitting Camel said:
Holy cow! My status page changed today!!!!!!! I hope Gayle was lying when she said it didn't mean anything... Lie to me baby! Lie like you've never lied before!!!! :laugh:
That's crazy SC. I hope you do get into UCI so that LLU is left with no one left on their waitlist since they decided to reject me. :D

mikeyboy said:
Sounds like it's good news! I don't know why they would change anything unless your status somehow changed. Mine's still the same.

Mikey! Did you see the thread devoted to you? We are all so excited for you about UCSD!!!!!!!

Adapt said:
That's crazy SC. I hope you do get into UCI so that LLU is left with no one left on their waitlist since they decided to reject me. :D

I think I should start designing an avatar, just in case! I'll be sure to include that your rejection turned me off of the school if I have to write a withdrawal letter. :laugh: In any case, I'll let you know what's up as soon as I hear something!!

Spitting Camel said:
I think I should start designing an avatar, just in case! I'll be sure to include that your rejection turned me off of the school if I have to write a withdrawal letter. :laugh: In any case, I'll let you know what's up as soon as I hear something!!
:laugh: Nice. I hope you do get into UCI then. ;)

Spitting Camel said:

here's some :luck: :luck: to you my humped-back friend...are you a dromedary or bactrian?
and some :luck: for mr reddly too.....

Spitting Camel said:
Mikey! Did you see the thread devoted to you? We are all so excited for you about UCSD!!!!!!!

Haha, missed it somehow...a thread just for me! I'm so excited to know where I'm going, though I would have been perfectly happy with either UCI or UCSD. I'll be withdrawing from UCI as soon as I get something in writing from UCSD so hopefully any spot I might have gotten will go to one of you.

camstah said:
...are you a dromedary or bactrian?

Dromedary all the way! Females are Bactrians, if you know what I mean ;) :laugh:

Spitting Camel said:
Dromedary all the way! Females are Bactrians, if you know what I mean ;) :laugh:
You got in right Spitting Camel? Too excited to remember to post here and let everyone know?

mikeyboy said:
You got in right Spitting Camel? Too excited to remember to post here and let everyone know?

Yeah, guys! I'm in!!

*singin'*
I'm all alone, there's nobody here besides me?
My problems have all gone, there's nobody to deride me!?
*singin'*

just another 'early morning before I goto bed' barump.
cry.gif
smiley.gif
:luck:

Hey there:

Just adding some company to the UCI alternate list thread. Anyway, I called Gayle back on Monday getting her advice on whether to send in my AMCAS 2005 now, or wait for a few more weeks. She told me that the class was full right now, but was sure that there are going to be more open spots soon. Also told me not to send in my application until July, and that applicants/advisors have a different opinion of what is an early date to submit than med schools (at least in CA). For CA med schools, early is "anytime in the summer." Just wanted to pass this information on... Best of luck! :luck:

Oh. and BUMP!

Sorry to hear that your in this situation also, but I'm glad to have the company. :love:
I keep clinging to the knowledge that last year, 4 SDN peeps were accepted late June, and that 6 SDN peeps were accepted off of here throughout July. :luck:

That's definitely very comforting to hear ... maybe SDN will have good UCI luck this year too. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Nice avatar btw, Mr. Reddly. The robot reminds me of a local Berkeley artist's work.

just got off the waitlist early today....i hope you all hear some good news soon!!

Someone else posted in the waitlist assistance thread that they got accepted today too. Looks like a new batch of acceptances.

MDinSD said:
just got off the waitlist early today....i hope you all hear some good news soon!!

Congrats! Read my post in the UCI class of 2008 thread!!

Hi all,

Never posted on this forum at all, but I was on the UCI waitlist and just got accepted yesterday, but am turning it down, so I hope that helps someone out there, hopefully someone accepted to Davis because I am sitting on their waitlist still, but am holding a spot at UCSD. Good luck everyone!

OMGGGGG got the call from Dr. Peterson 20 minutes ago. I'm gonna be an anteater!!!!!!!!! Withdrawing my spot @ Temple! :) :) :)

Pixye1 said:
OMGGGGG got the call from Dr. Peterson 20 minutes ago. I'm gonna be an anteater!!!!!!!!! Withdrawing my spot @ Temple! :) :) :)
Congrats Pixye!
Gives hope to the few of us still waiting. :thumbup:
Especially since a lot of other cali schools don't seem to have done a lot of moving yet.

Just wanted to say that waitlist is still moving. My friend got the call yesterday from peterson.

Mr Reddly said:
your friend isn't WillHague007 is it?

No, that's not him. He's not an sdner as for as i know.....

angstrom55 said:
No, that's not him. He's not an sdner as for as i know.....

Is he coming to Irvine? Did he go to Irvine for Undergrad?

ZOT! ZOT! said:
Is he coming to Irvine? Did he go to Irvine for Undergrad?

I'm 95% sure he's gonna be going to irvine (although.....it's never a done deal until the Letter of intent is sent in). He was here as an undergrad and is working on a masters here too.

angstrom55 said:
I'm 95% sure he's gonna be going to irvine (although.....it's never a done deal until the Letter of intent is sent in). He was here as an undergrad and is working on a masters here too.

When did you graduate from Irvine? I might know you if you graduated a year or two ago :)