Post UCI Alternate List Movement here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ZOT! ZOT! said:
When did you graduate from Irvine? I might know you if you graduated a year or two ago :)

Class of 2003 baby! hehe :D I was Bio sci through and through. Lived and breathed it all four years. Then lost it all when i took this year off to apply....hehe :laugh:

So...when did you graduate?

Members don't see this ad.

angstrom55 said:
Class of 2003 baby! hehe :D I was Bio sci through and through. Lived and breathed it all four years. Then lost it all when i took this year off to apply....hehe :laugh:

So...when did you graduate?

2004! Oh yeah! I was Bio for 2 years, neurobio for the other 2. Maybe we had classes together! I'll pm you my name and you tell me if you know me... after all, we are going to be classmates in two months!

Does anyone know if a change in the Alternate List date is necessarily a good thing? I searched this topic and it seems like it can lead to an acceptance, but not in every case? I am thinking it probably means re-evaluation of a file.
Does anyone have any other info on this topic? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm DYING TO KNOW!!!! :) Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I also got of the alternate list on Monday. I'm totally excited about Irvine like all of you. I am from Anaheim Hills but spent the last 4 years at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore...no more snow for me! We should try to post our aim sn's to get to know each other before we start. Mine is dagame620....See you all next year!

Love4Radiohead said:
Does anyone know if a change in the Alternate List date is necessarily a good thing? I searched this topic and it seems like it can lead to an acceptance, but not in every case? I am thinking it probably means re-evaluation of a file.
Does anyone have any other info on this topic? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm DYING TO KNOW!!!! :) Thanks
congratulations. To the best of my knowledge, everyone with that was called.

WillHague007 said:
Hey guys! I also got of the alternate list on Monday. I'm totally excited about Irvine like all of you. I am from Anaheim Hills but spent the last 4 years at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore...no more snow for me! We should try to post our aim sn's to get to know each other before we start. Mine is dagame620....See you all next year!

Hey Will... my sn is DoneAnimalStyle - like the In and Out hamburger - which, incidentally, is right across the street from the UCI undergrad campus! I look forward to chatting!

Love4Radiohead said:

I think you're in too! The call might come tomorrow morning, around 10a.m. or so! Good Luck! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hey there:

Question to those still on the alternate list. Have you been sending in more updates and letters of intent to Dr. Peterson, etc., or just letting things be? Unfortunately, it's July now, and I'm starting to lose hope. Almost time to send in my AMCAS... Best of luck to those still waiting! :luck:

A friendly Friday 4th of July weekend BUMP :)

I just got in this morning! I had a new letter of rec added, so maybe that helped. I only sent in an update a few months ago.
good luck to everyone still waiting!

Love4Radiohead said:
I just got in this morning! I had a new letter of rec added, so maybe that helped. I only sent in an update a few months ago.
good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats, I love Radiohead too, this week I got stuck on OK Computer again. We can make a radiohead club at UCI, first of its kind... :thumbup:

Eraserhead said:
Congrats, I love Radiohead too, this week I got stuck on OK Computer again. We can make a radiohead club at UCI, first of its kind... :thumbup:

Thanks!!! I am very very excited. I'm still waiting on a few schools but as of now I am definitely all about UCI COM.

I think I am stuck on all radiohead albums all the time!

ZOT! ZOT! said:
Hey Will... my sn is DoneAnimalStyle - like the In and Out hamburger - which, incidentally, is right across the street from the UCI undergrad campus! I look forward to chatting!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's too good to be true.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eraserhead said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's too good to be true.

Oh believe it, baby! The funny thing is... I've been there maybe 10 times in the last 4 years. Crazy, huh?

I've been there like 10 times in the last month...

Has anyone recently accepted heard/received anything about financial aid or housing?

I'm still waiting for my fin aid. They said there were some comp problems with my package. Still waiting......

As for housing....if you filled out an app for palo verde or verano place, you can go ahead and turn in the app fee. They said that there probably wouldn't be any spots for me this year but probably next year. You can call housing and double check if there's a chance for you to get a spot this year. You can also try the new vista del campo. I know spots are filling up quick there too. aside from that....no real guarantee housing for us :(

angstrom55 said:
I'm still waiting for my fin aid. They said there were some comp problems with my package. Still waiting......

I had a problem too! Something about my FAFSA numbers not matching up with my parents' tax return numbers. I tried the best I could. This is the first time I've had to deal with this crap.

Congrats to everyone going to UCI! You guys are going to have a blast! A word of warning about financial aid at UCI- sometimes they are not on top of things as they should be, so you better know you own financial aid status. One year I was almost left with no money b/c they forgot to send me a renewal form to sign and did not follow up on it untill like a week before the school started :eek: :eek: :eek: . I remember that phone call- "Hello, we just want to inform you that we have NO money for you for next year." It took some major run around to fix it.

Congrats again and enjoy the last free summer of your lives! :D

ughhh i guess i should give fin aid a call tomorrow cuz I still haven't gotten my package yet!

Pixye1 said:
ughhh i guess i should give fin aid a call tomorrow cuz I still haven't gotten my package yet!

I've called every week for the last three weeks (at their request). This week, they told me to call back next week. go figure... :laugh:

Has anyone received a packet with forms to fill out? I haven't gotten anything and I got in back in November.

BenzML320 said:
Has anyone received a packet with forms to fill out? I haven't gotten anything and I got in back in November.

A couple weeks ago, Neda said we would receive a letter from her and a packet. I guess they are behind a little bit. After all, school doesn't start until Sept.

I talked to someone from the office today and she said that health forms are not ready yet; we will be getting them within a few weeks, they won't be due until sometime in August.

BenzML320 said:
Sweet, thanks guys.

What are you doing on SDN while the sun is still up? :laugh:

I was in the lab and needed a break, hehe.

if youre serious about starting a club ill totally help, im a radiohead freak

hey guys,

i'm going to be withdrawing from UCI on Monday. I got in off the waitlist a last month, but I just found out I got into UCLA.

good luck to those still waiting!

splat2000 said:
hey guys,

i'm going to be withdrawing from UCI on Monday. I got in off the waitlist a last month, but I just found out I got into UCLA.

:)

have fun at la!

splat2000 said:
hey guys,

WooWhoo! That means someone who really wants a spot will get it! Congrats on LA!!!

The last posting was just over a week ago... el tiempo para un bumpo. :laugh:

Mr Reddly said:
The last posting was just over a week ago... el tiempo para un bumpo. :laugh:

mr. reddly ever feel like you're on a thread all by yourself while everyone else has moved on? yea cuz that's exactly how i feel on the usc waitlist thread!! :laugh: :laugh:
anyway, best of luck with uci!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Nah! Cuz when I start feelin lonely, one of the acceptees will pop up and say hi ... That or one of the SC peeps :laugh:

:luck: to you to! :D

Man.... Let me in, pretty please! :( Ok. No more whining. Time to get crackin' on these damn expensive secondaries. :luck: :luck: :luck: