jankodejenko

2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
hello, thanks for your time. If you could help me out!
CC -> 4year institution here. no science courses taken.

I'm applying to formal post-bacc next month so if i were to get in I wouldn't start till next fall.
My question is: I have three quarter until then, and want to take courses at CC.

I can finish the series of Physics at cc (physics 2a,2b,2c) during this time so that at the post-bacc i just need to finish bio and chem. (i finished calc already). is it a good idea to finish one full subject at cc? or should i just take the first course of each subject and then finish them at a 4yr institution where there i can show schools that I've achieved a "higher standard level of proficiency" in all the subjects?

Another question: i know cc's take up to about a year of credits. if I transferred from a cc (that means i already have 80 units), is it just those 80 units or are we talking strictly science courses (and those relative to dental schools - english, sociology, etc.)??

PlasmaMembrane

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2009
Status
What you're trying to do - having gone from CC to a 4 year institution and now going back to a CC for your science courses - is a terrible idea. Adcoms will not want to see that science coursework done at a CC, especially after you've been to a 4 year school where you ended up doing a lot worse. It's going to be immediately transparent that you jumped ship to the easier school for that reason and will create a big question mark about your true academic ability.

OP
jankodejenko

jankodejenko

2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
What you're trying to do - having gone from CC to a 4 year institution and now going back to a CC for your science courses - is a terrible idea. Adcoms will not want to see that science coursework done at a CC, especially after you've been to a 4 year school where you ended up doing a lot worse. It's going to be immediately transparent that you jumped ship to the easier school for that reason and will create a big question mark about your true academic ability.
the best option would be going back to the 4 yr i graduated from or some school thats better than that and do well in my science courses? thanks