Post, you fools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormjen

Path PGY
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*shakes lurkers violently*

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have been a lurker for awhile now. Thought I might jump in and post here, since I have a question I have been thinking about. I have heard that the job situation in path is not what it used to be, is this accurate? If it helps, I want to do dermpath and any advice on how to get a dermpath fellowship would be appreciated.

yaah said:
Yeah, I have been a lurker for awhile now. Thought I might jump in and post here, since I have a question I have been thinking about. I have heard that the job situation in path is not what it used to be, is this accurate? If it helps, I want to do dermpath and any advice on how to get a dermpath fellowship would be appreciated.

Job situation is awful and you can only get a dermpath fellowship if you are a dermatologist :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yaah said:
this offends me.

*shakes yaah violently*

Time for more wine! Woohoo! :D

stormjen said:
*shakes yaah violently*

just got home.

poured myself some wine

continues to look and adore new laptop...oooh....aaaah

stormjen said:
*shakes yaah violently*

I've settled in with a good highball tonight. Amazing how such an inconsequential day can provide such relief and a great excuse to drink. Oh, and I only have 2 more days left on my surg sub-i. Mmm... that's a good highball.

RNA said:
Job situation is awful and you can only get a dermpath fellowship if you are a dermatologist :laugh:

How about hemepath? Where are the best places to go for a hemepath fellowship so I can be competitive in the job market?

I want to help people.

p.s. I want to be a CSI also.

geddy said:
I've settled in with a good highball tonight. Amazing how such an inconsequential day can provide such relief and a great excuse to drink. Oh, and I only have 2 more days left on my surg sub-i. Mmm... that's a good highball.

I hear drinking can help steady the nerves in the operating theater. Always take a drink before operating on someone. :thumbup:

yaah said:
I hear drinking can help steady the nerves in the operating theater. Always take a drink before operating on someone. :thumbup:
After the wide perineal excision and bilateral orchiectomy I saw today for Fournier gangrene, I think that's sound advice.

stormjen said:
Yaah, you're being funny, did you just have intercourse or something? I hope I can say 'intercourse' on here.

No, I spent 2 hours poking through rectal fat looking for lymph nodes and the largest one I found was 2 mm. The second largest one I found was 1 mm. I have to find 10. :mad:

Sigh, no. I did not have intercourse. The cute VA girl gave me low-fat chocolate today though.

yaah said:
No, I spent 2 hours poking through rectal fat looking for lymph nodes and the largest one I found was 2 mm. The second largest one I found was 1 mm. I have to find 10. :mad:

Sigh, no. I did not have intercourse. The cute VA girl gave me low-fat chocolate today though.
Hmm... Intercouse... poking through rectal fat. You say potato...

Members don't see this ad :)
as of 9 pm EST, the total # members present in the path forum was a record high of 36!!!

you all rock!

yaah, i think your forum is gonna crash. 47 members on now! holy ****.

brace yourself man...

24 of them are guests. Register, you fools! Why do you lurk? We do not bite, and perhaps you can make us laugh and inspire us! REGISTER!!!!!!

AndyMilonakis said:
yaah, i think your forum is gonna crash. 47 members on now! holy ****.

brace yourself man...

Up to 50! Lets take this mofo down!!!

600 more posts and we take over surgery! GO! GO! GO!

Pingu said:
600 more posts and we take over surgery! GO! GO! GO!
Must... keep... posting...

that's right geddy, you know you ain't going to sleep just yet!

stay along for the ride. hold on and brace yerself...nights like this only come once a year!

Must... keep... posting...

Keep it together man!

A good soldier never leaves a man behind

2 pts apiece for correctly identifying the movies these are from

AndyMilonakis said:
that's right geddy, you know you ain't going to sleep just yet!

stay along for the ride. hold on and brace yerself...nights like this only come once a year!
Hopefully, twice a year!

Hopefully, twice a year!

Nope, I plan to be tore up on pineappletinis on match day :love:

AndyMilonakis said:
ah yes...match day....i dunno if i will be here on SDN on match day. i go to vegas that day. :laugh:
Something tells me you'll find a way to post...

Pingu said:
Keep it together man!

A good soldier never leaves a man behind

2 pts apiece for correctly identifying the movies these are from

Aren't these in a lot of movies? Wasn't it in one of those teen/college movies over the past few years?

Nope, they are both disney

Where is deschutes? Is she avoiding posting her ROL?

jeff2005 said:
no clue. i don't think she was intending to post her ROL anyway...dunno what her thoughts about it are now.

p.s. it is a distinct possibility that she is in invisible mode or is one of the guests.

jeff2005 said:

She's been avoiding the topic for some time. I'm curious to see it too.

AndyMilonakis said:
it is a distinct possibility that she is in invisible mode or is one of the guests.

In which case she needs to be put across yaah's knee and spanked. That's a moderator's job, right? Spanking unruly posters?

I don't spank people. :)

Maybe she actually has a life!

I have another question: Does anyone know what the average board scores are for pathology? I want to do pathology because I want to help people and I like the lifestyle.

yaah said:

I have another question: Does anyone know what the average board scores are for pathology? I want to do pathology because I want to help people and I like the lifestyle.

shut up yaah...those antics were so one hour ago.

yaah said:

1) Don't make me pull lounge threads.

2) She does.

3) 1271 or so.

yaah said:

I will mud wrassle anyone for the position of official Path forum spanker! :D

yaah said:

Man, you got something in your system!

stormjen said:

I will award you the title now. Being the forum spanker requires one to be forward enough to request it. Now, spank away!

stormjen said:
geez what's with you and your mud wrassling skillz...did you put that on your ERAS?

yaah said:
Have the spankings commenced yet?
up to you.

for the record, the last time i got spanked was when i was in elementary school when i called my mom a ... wait wrong thread.

AndyMilonakis said:
up to you.

for the record, the last time i got spanked was when i was in elementary school when i called my mom a ... wait wrong thread.

It's not up to me, it's up to Stormjen now.

I thought deschutes was first? Hold on, I need to get my spank list in order. This is turning out to be complicated.

The question is . . . who will spank the spanker?

stormjen said:
I thought deschutes was first? Hold on, I need to get my spank list in order. This is turning out to be complicated.
deschutes has been a bad ewok. but you can't spank ewoks.

bananaface said:
Your husband! :laugh:

Damn straight! Rarrr! RAWR!

(edited to fix the spelling and caps of the word Rarrr)