Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea about the carving score but other than that your stats are pretty good and you should def. get interviews from a few state schools. However I highly suggest you call and confirm with each of the schools that your shadowing hours are enough. Most require like 40-50 minimum but Maryland in particular requires more than that I believe (80 or something, I cant recall). Other than that your stats are great 🙂Hey guys, I'm a first time applicant to American dental schools (I'm Canadian). If anyone has experience in applying for American schools can you please give me an idea of what my chances are? Thanks.
GPA: 3.92 oGPA (3.9 w/o +/-). 3.96 sGPA. 3.75 nsGPA (3.5 w/0 +/-)
DAT: 22AA, 22TS, 22RC, 24PAT, 11 Carving (I know that's bad but I've been told that most American shools don't care about carving). For those of you that didn't know, the Canadian DAT doesn't have QR or OChem.
Shadowing: 60 hrs (Plan on doing more)
Volunteering: ~150 hrs
Research: One summer doing analytical chem research
Work: Usher, Facilities worker, Construction, Summer Research Assistant
Residency: AB
Schools I applied to:
-Boston
-Buffalo
-Case
-Maryland
-NYU
-Penn
-Pittsburgh
-Temple
I applied within a week of the AADSAS opening date.
Thanks guys! and good luck.
