Post your practice exam progress here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

good_faith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Start with mine:
KAPLAN #1 7PS, 9BS, 7V
AAMC 4R 8, 9, 8
AAMC 3R 6, 8, 7

Members don't see this ad.

Only done one, but here you go:

AAMC 3R: 8 PS, 9 BS, 13 VR(who knows?)

This was taken before I did any test prep. I thought it was an OK score to start with, especially considering I never put pen to paper and I only used about half the time on each section. But then again I hear 3R is pretty easy compared with the rest, so we'll see!

Members don't see this ad :)
Berkeley Review I: 12 BS, 11 PS, 11 VR

That is the only full-length exam that I've taken... I'm taking another one next week, though.

Kap Diagnositic 17
Kap Test 1 22
Kap Test 2 22
\
+pity+ I need to study q:uite a bit(

ill play along

nov 03-AAMC 3R - 26
march 04-Kaplan full length 6 - 28
march 04-Kaplan full length 7 - 25 :mad:

Im taking TPR, here is my progression

TPR1- 10B 5P 7V
TPR2- 10B 9P 8V
TPR3- 3x 10
AAMC5r- 12B 10P 9V

I stopped studying verbal for a couple weeks cuz it was killing me... So boring! I was happy with the 10 on TPR3, but paid for it on 5R. I need to get on top of it.
does anyone know how 5R compares to the real deal?:horns:

AAMC 3R: 9VR 9PS 7BS

One question away from an 8 on Bio, and really stupid mistakes on PS (should have had a 12) but being its my first full mcat I'm not terribly dissapointed. I really want to hit or break 30 on my next full length though.

Kaplan Diag: PS 7, VR 7, BS 7
Kaplan #1: PS 9, VR 8, BS 10...pleasantly surprised at where I am right now, with a lot of room for improvement (I hope/think).
Taking another one this Saturday.

Neat little thread.
Count me in.

AAMC 3R: 7PS, 8BS, 11VR
AAMC 5R: 7PS, 8BS, 8VR

So just 4R and 6R left to take, with about 30 days to do it. I'm semi-burnt out and I don't even see that my studying is having any effect.
Still studying and hoping for a little divine intervention.

dc

Examkracker 2f: 9p 8v 9b
Kaplan Diagnostic: 9 9 9
Kaplan 1: 10p 9v 12b
AAMC 3r: 11 11 11
AAMC 4r: 11p 9v 11b
AAMC 5r: 13p 10v 11b

I've been stuck in the 31-34 range for almost 4 weeks now, gonna try that MCAT 45 thing and see if it'll get me out of this plateau

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan Diag: 10V 8P 7B
Kaplan 1: 12V 10P 8B

Taking my second full-length this Saturday.

AAMCR 3R - 11V 14P (one away from a 15) 13B

I'm gonna take 4R this friday.

Wow blz nice. Btw I see you are in jersey where do go to school? How long have you been studying?

AAMC: 3r: 8 PS, 9 V, 12 BS.

Should I just focus on doing tons of problems for the PS part. Also, how much easier is the AAMC 3r from the real deal. Thanks

Kaplan diag-21 (7P, 6V, 8B)
Kaplan 1-26 (9P, 7V, 10B)
Kaplan 2-28 (10P, 10V, 8B)

I hate hate making stupid mistakes more than anything, especially in bio. I seem to always be 1 question away from the next point.

What bothers me even more than stupid mistakes is when I think I understood a science passage and get most of the questions right, but end up not having understood the passage at all. I don't know if that makes any sense. Sometimes I just get really, really lucky on a passage, but I would much rather have gotten the questions right by understanding the passage. I guess I worry that I might not be so "lucky" on the MCAT.

I took the aamc 5R PS tonight and scored an 11 (3 stupid mistakes from a 12+pissed+ )

I plan on getting up around 5am and taking one of the other sections tommorrow.

(I am not a freak for getting up at 5am to take a practice test, i am just used to getting up at 5am)

Here I go,

kap diag: 23 (6, 10, 7)

Kap test #3: 24 (8, 9, 7)

Kap test #4: 27 (8, 10, 9)

Crunch time....

This is killing me, but I can't study for the MCAT this week because of finals. Oh, well. Next Friday I will get back into gear.

Originally posted by Cerberus
I took the aamc 5R PS tonight and scored an 11 (3 stupid mistakes from a 12+pissed+ )

I plan on getting up around 5am and taking one of the other sections tommorrow.

(I am not a freak for getting up at 5am to take a practice test, i am just used to getting up at 5am)

Yes you are. :D

Originally posted by UCLAstudent
What bothers me even more than stupid mistakes is when I think I understood a science passage and get most of the questions right, but end up not having understood the passage at all. I don't know if that makes any sense. Sometimes I just get really, really lucky on a passage, but I would much rather have gotten the questions right by understanding the passage. I guess I worry that I might not be so "lucky" on the MCAT.

yeah I definitely know what you're saying. I always think I'm "wasting" my luck on these practice tests if I end up knowing nothing about a passage and still getting all of the questions right...

did anyone take EK 1g? there are some strange questions in there.

AAMC 3R: 12P 12V 12B
AAMC 4R: 11P 12V 12B

I don't think I can improve in the verbal - I have a hard time seeing what's wrong with my wrong answers even when I read the explanations.. But it's mostly dumb mistakes for me too on the physical and biological. I'm finishing the sections with only 5 or 10 minutes to spare -- not a lot of time to review for mistakes. I don't know what else to do.

The killer is that 1-2 more correct is worth a full additional point, so there's little room for mistakes!

There are some high scoring mofo'ers on this thread:clap: :clap:

An, tell me how the Kaplan45 works. I may buy it even though i have heard bad things.

My main problems seem to be not with knowledge base but with making stupid mistakes and having trouble with the tricky passage based questions.

Oh well, we still have 4 weeks to improve. Lets own this biznatch!

Cerebus do you find yourself having extra time after completing your sections, Freak? :smuggrin: j/k

hey, does anyone have the score conversions for kaplan tests? I'm not actually in the class, but took test 7 today and don't know what my scaled score is......thanks so much!

TBR exam 8- 29. 10BS, 9PS, 10VR.
TBR exam 9- 19. 5BS, 4PS, 10VR.

Nothing like a double digit drop in overall score to send you scrambling...:confused: +pissed+ :thumbdown: :scared:

Oh well. The night is young, plenty more study time left. This too shall pass.

I am doing bad! I hope the real stuff doesn't become like this or else I will just be applying for a PhD. My problems seem to be being too fussy/pedantic at the beginnings and rushing through the last 4 or so passages and therefore making silly mistakes. It is obvious my perfectionism isn't doing me great good.

Took tests in a single, continuous stretch:

AAMC 3R PS 10 VR 11 BS 9
AAMC 4R PS 10 VR 8 BS 9

PS/BS are constant while VR is plummeting, well 5R will further confirm or reject the hypothesis.

got lucky on VR by a point, or else it woulda been a 7. Apparently so many stones need to be unturned before April 17.

Hey, there, yea, I guess posting my raw scores would help...
I got 39 on PS, 55 on BS, and 50 on VR

Not steller, I know, but I need to study more....thank you so much for your help! Also, how do you get the table? I tried to find it on my friend's kaplan homepage and i couldn't find it...

I guess I'll post in the order I took them. These were all at one sitting, starting ~ 9am unless otherwise indicated, strictly timed, etc.

EK 1g: P9, V11, B9
EK 2f: P9, V9, B8 (taken very late at night)
AAMC I: P10, V11, B11
AAMC II: P9, V10, B11
AAMC III: P10, V9 B? (didn't finish -- the only one I didn't do in one sitting)
AAMC IV: P9, V12, B12

Wow, this really does feel like confession.
Ok, this is the first time I've compiled my scores like this. Now that I look at my "progress," I'm noticing that except for the few lucky 10's in physics, I think I'm really struggling in this area.

So now I'm hoping you physics geniuses can help me out.
I'm learning more and more using EK and I am truly understanding the passages better. But I feel like I'm not learning to answer the questions well enough to score better consistently. For example, I look at a question, recognize the topic (momentum, kinetic energy, and so forth), then search my brain for the magic equation. Is this a really stupid way to be tackling these problems?

I'd appreciate the help from all you future doctors out there!

Originally posted by katec12345
Hey, there, yea, I guess posting my raw scores would help...
I got 39 on PS, 55 on BS, and 50 on VR

Not steller, I know, but I need to study more....thank you so much for your help! Also, how do you get the table? I tried to find it on my friend's kaplan homepage and i couldn't find it...

For PS 35-40 = 9
For V 47-50 = 12
For BS 51-56 = 10

improve PS a little and u r all set

:clap:

AAMC III: PS6, VR5, BS8
AAMC IV: PS7, VR7, BS10-11

now I need to make up my mind on whether to shoot for April or postpone til August. Considering I have not reviewed about 1/4 of the sciences still, I may just do fine in April... maybe one more practice exam next week to make the ultimate decision. Probably use a BR practice exam next week so that I don't exhaust my AAMC's if I choose to go August... why am I typing so much? Ahhhh, venting...

well...i don't think this qualifies as "progress," but i'll post anyway:

TPR 4911: TPR 4921:
PS: 6 PS: 5
BS: 7 BS: 9
VR: 9 VR: 9

AAMC 3R: AAMC 4R:
PS: 8 PS: 9
BS: 10 BS: 9
VR: 11 VR: 9

you know, i didn't know that bad luck could be THIS crazy, but check this out: when i went to the score conversion page on the e-mcat.com site, it turns out that i was EXACTLY ONE question away from a 10 in EVERY section! that means, although i scored a 27, with a 3 question swing, it could have been a 30. that pisses me right off, you know. after all that hard work, i take another shot and the results are pretty much inconclusive.

by the way, i basically don't even count the TPR tests anymore, as they seem to bear little resemblance to the AAMC ones. whatever. back to work, with another diag on saturday.

Originally posted by good_faith
Start with mine:
KAPLAN #1 7PS, 9BS, 7V
AAMC 4R 8, 9, 8
AAMC 3R 6, 8, 7
KAPLAN # 2:
P.S 8
VR 8
B.S 11
Total: 27
I am hoping to gain 3-4 points in the next 2 wks

Kap diag: P8 B11 V8

AAMC 3R: P9 B10 V11

Hope I can continue the trend!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Put your hands in the air

Kaptest #3

Verbal:9
PS:9
Bio: 6 (ugh)

I went up 2 more points, thanks kaplan:)

Good job and good luck to everyone that's happy with their progress and optimistic about continuing to raise their score.

I, on the other hand, am basking in pessimism.

What is the minimum number of full length exams one needs to take to be comfortable? im thinking 3 would do it, right?

Originally posted by toxin
What is the minimum number of full length exams one needs to take to be comfortable? im thinking 3 would do it, right?

I think the best thing to do would be to continue taking them until...

you feel comfortable.

ah cerb, if i had been getting your practice scores.....if you are pessimistic, then your pessimism would be like a frantic japanese accountant walking home from work, and my pessimism would be none other than godzilla (or perhaps rodan, depending on the day)! :laugh: j/k--we're all gonna be ok, things just suck major ass for now. how will we all feel three weeks from now?