Question Regarding Progress

Started by Maggie56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maggie56

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, would appreciate any feedback and suggestions! I unfortunately used all of my AAMC FL's and materials back in December 2020 b/c I thought I was taking my mcat in January. So, I'm relying on NS FL's to help gauge my score now. I know that third party exams tend to be inaccurate, but I think this would be my next best option. The most recent 5 FL's I've taken were from NS and I scored:

NS FL 1 (12/1/20) : 509 (128/125/127/129)

NS FL 2 (12/29/20) : 509 (127/126/127/129)

NS FL 3 (1/5/21) : 510 (127/126/127/130)

NS FL 4 (2/2/21) : 507 (126/125/128/128)

NS FL 5 (2/9/21) : 508 (127/125/127/129)

My target score is a 510 at least, and from what I read on SDN the later FL's from NS tend to be more challenging than the first few. With all that in mind, does it look like I have a good chance of scoring at least a 510? I signed up to take my MCAT on April 23rd!
 
You certainly have a pretty good cluster near your goal score. Of course, it would be better to have that same cluster with 5 AAMC exams, but I would feel cautiously optimistic about your chances of getting the 508-511 range.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors