Post your ROL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my rol!
1. longwood
2. UofWashington
3. UCLA
4. NYU
5. Emory
6. Columbia
7. Northwestern
8. UIC

Hopkins
UNC
MGH

I am interested that I am the only one who ranked Hopkins first. Did I miss something?
Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
joanithan said:
Hopkins
UNC
MGH

I am interested that I am the only one who ranked Hopkins first. Did I miss something?
Best of luck.

I'm sure this website is a rather small sample size considering all of the psych applicants. Plus, maybe you didn't miss anything, maybe we all did. :) Good luck on Thursday everyone.

:D thanks solid :)

Definately gives me hope, since my top three programs were NOT on anyones list! :D

hey,
i met a NY psych resident who got her 8th choice when it came to her ROL! I didn't feel comfortable asking her what went on, but it is possible to place outside your top choices.
she went to a good mid-tier med school, and she ended up transferring after her first year to the place that she had ranked #1 on her ROL, but she had spent a year at the other program.
Stella
Also, poetry, great find! how do you look up old threads?

stella_artois said:
hey,
i met a NY psych resident who got her 8th choice when it came to her ROL! I didn't feel comfortable asking her what went on, but it is possible to place outside your top choices.
she went to a good mid-tier med school, and she ended up transferring after her first year to the place that she had ranked #1 on her ROL, but she had spent a year at the other program.
Stella
Also, poetry, great find! how do you look up old threads?

Hey Stella, I know that you addressed your question to Poety; so I hope that you don't think that I'm a buttinsky (okay, I am :p ).

It is definately possible to rank at any place on your ROL; so be very aware, DO NOT rank any place where you would not want to train. I have already ruled one such place off my list -- I would rather scramble than match at that school.

As far as searching old threads, go to the bottom of the psychiatry page and you can search older threads -- just use the drop down menu.

Hope that this helps -- Poety, feel free to jump in! :cool:

Oh thanks Moschey :)

I'm in the airport so your assistance is appreciated. My ROL is getting smaller and smaller because of what you were sayig mosche - Im scared to end up at some places for 4 years so why bother. I don't think I'd be happy at my 8th choice! I'd rather scramble too I'm sure of it, but hopefully I'll end up at my number one, and we ALL KNOW which one that is :love: :love: :love:

Poety said:
Oh thanks Moschey :)

I'm in the airport so your assistance is appreciated. My ROL is getting smaller and smaller because of what you were sayig mosche - Im scared to end up at some places for 4 years so why bother. I don't think I'd be happy at my 8th choice! I'd rather scramble too I'm sure of it, but hopefully I'll end up at my number one, and we ALL KNOW which one that is :love: :love: :love:

Georgia or USC -- I hear banjos in your future! :scared: :scared:

mosche said:
Georgia or USC -- I hear banjos in your future! :scared: :scared:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <da da da da da dad da, singing the theme song to deliverance, don't act like you don't love that song cuz you know you do, we ALL do!>