Postbac or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I take a post-bac?

• Yes

• No

• Enroll in a master's program

Results are only viewable after voting.

IcePenguin

Reaction score
I graduated college with a 3.6 gpa and a 3.5 sgpa. Given that I am ORM from a low ranking university though, I think that I might have to do a post-bac because the gpa is too low. I have not taken the MCAT yet, but I am taking it soon. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Edit: I'm aiming for MD schools. I come from a state where there are lots of rural underserved areas.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your GPA by year? Which state are you from? With a good mcat score you could get into an MD school and should be fine for all DO schools.

I graduated college with a 3.6 gpa and a 3.5 sgpa. Given that I am ORM from a low ranking university though, I think that I might have to do a post-bac because the gpa is too low. I have not taken the MCAT yet, but I am taking it soon. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
You do NOT need a postbac!

Just a good MCAT score and a strategic list

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Edit: I'm aiming for MD schools. I come from a state where there are lots of rural underserved areas.
Your MCAT will be hugely influential, if not dispositive, of your chances at admission to an MD school. Your grades are not in the upper echelon, but they are not disqualifying either.

Reactions: 1 user
Your MCAT will be hugely influential, if not dispositive, of your chances at admission to an MD school. Your grades are not in the upper echelon, but they are not disqualifying either.

To qualify, what minimal MCAT score should I aim for?

Around 3.1 freshman year, 3.8 sophomore year, 3.6 junior year, and 4.0 senior year
What did you get in the prerequisites (Bio, Chem, Physics, Orgo, Biochem)?