Postbacc at Brandeis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeongae74

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Since there is no thread on Brandeis Postbacc program, I thought I will make one.
I just got an acceptance letter form Brandeis. It was very sweet after the bitter rejection letter from the Tufts. If there is anyone who just got in, already in, or waiting to hear from them, Feel Free to give your oppinion here. Thanks.....

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I hope you are not too far removed from your ealy 20's because you will be surrounded by teenagers especially with Gen Chem and Organic Chemistry. :p You can't go wrong with this school, the sciences at Brandeis is incrediably strong. The only thing that I didn't like at Brandeis was the fact that it was very stuffy the science departments. They are renowned for the quality of research. Most of the faculty is still there from my undergrad days of some 10-15 yrs ago. I think a lot of med schools could take note on the fact that you did your post bacc at Brandeis. But be ready for a wild ride at Brandeis.

I'll echo blankguy's statements. You WILL learn the material in their program. It'll be you and 150 19-20 y/o students in the lecture classes. Of the core pre-med classes, physics is probably the most diverse in terms of age. Most of the faculty is still there from my undergrad days of 5 years ago. Just some random thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
i did brandeis pre-med for my first year. two comments: one good, one bad.

bad news first. please pardon the generalisations. i got fed up with being the only middle class kid amongst a lot of money, and the general wish-i-was-ivy-league attitude. :eek: so i left and went to UNH, and then left even farther and moved down under. everyone's right--you will be amidst a group of teenagers who think they want to be doctors. hang in there.

the good news is that even four years later i'm still sailing on what i learned in that single year at brandeis. :thumbup: my god did it prepare me well! i didn't do general chem, i did basic chem with professor dudek--which i HIGHLY recommend if you have any questions at all about your preparedness. i personally think you end up with *more* experience than you would have if you did general. anyway after having those classes it's been much smoother sailing at the other universities i've studied at. none of the students there had as good an understanding of chem as i did, and it put me in such a good position. plus even three years down the track, brandeis chem absolutely MADE my GAMSAT (down under MCAT equivalent) score. you'll have to work like a dog and do a huge heap of boring problem sets, but man is it worth it in the end! :D

good luck dude.

It is too bad that I am quite apart from the 17/18 chicks. ( I mean young birds.) It is good to hear that the school prepares you well. That is exactly what I needed, a good kick in the butt. The school I was going before was quite lacking that aspects. I was so pampered by all the teachers there because I was one of the handfull serious students.
The only thing i am slightly not happy with Brandeis is the tuition. It is really expensive. I was wonderling how people could do that if they have to pay for undergraduate plus four years of medical school. I mean if they have to rely on strictly on loans, then they will get out of school with at least half million dollar debt. I wonder.
Anyhow, thank you for replying. Keep visiting here..