Postbacc at City College?? please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onlywhenchased

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.... I'm a newbie here. I am looking to start my postbacc either this fall or spring at either Hunter or City College. City College is more convenient to me where I live, but I don't know much about the program there and couldn't find anything on this site. I found lots on Hunter but nothing on City.

Can anyone tell me anything about how the program is, and most importantly what you think of the pre-med office/advising and specifically about the advisor (Lolita Wood-Hill)?

I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty new to all this too, and definitely don't know a thing about the schools you mentioned, but from what I understand most med schools would highly, highly prefer you not take CC classes. They want to see a 4 yr college/university, that you can handle classes at that level, because apparently CCs are reputed to be easier grading wise, etc.

pchan said:
I'm pretty new to all this too, and definitely don't know a thing about the schools you mentioned, but from what I understand most med schools would highly, highly prefer you not take CC classes. They want to see a 4 yr college/university, that you can handle classes at that level, because apparently CCs are reputed to be easier grading wise, etc.

Thanks.. I am actually aware of that; City College is not a community college (though I realize the name may sound as though it is) - it is a full 4 year public college (part of CUNY). It actually has pretty good stats, but I've heard not so good things about Hunter's premed advisor and wanted to know more about the advisor at City College. Thanks though...

onlywhenchased said:
Thanks.. I am actually aware of that; City College is not a community college (though I realize the name may sound as though it is) - it is a full 4 year public college (part of CUNY). It actually has pretty good stats, but I've heard not so good things about Hunter's premed advisor and wanted to know more about the advisor at City College. Thanks though...

I dont know much about City College, but I'm currently an undergrad at Hunter and I know that they're in the process of replacing the premed advisor, if that makes any difference to you.

Good luck!