postbaccs that pay a research stipend

Started by adoggie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adoggie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, does anyone know have a list of programs that pay a stipend for doing research during the postbacc "glide" year? There's one at NIH and I thought there was also something at Virginia Tech, couldn't find too much info about anywhere else...
 
adoggie said:
Hey, does anyone know have a list of programs that pay a stipend for doing research during the postbacc "glide" year? There's one at NIH and I thought there was also something at Virginia Tech, couldn't find too much info about anywhere else...

As far as I know, on this side of the US (California), none of our post-bacc programs provides any stipend. There may be financial aid based on FAFSA though. Research stipends are usually funded outside of the program such as via NIH as you said, or the actualy research lab you work in. The lab that I originally worked for as an undergrad was kind of enough to fund me even through post-bacc, and now as a grad student. So depends on how much $$ the lab has, and the work you do for them.