Poster or gross and microscopic symposium better at the AAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dermanic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My case report was accepted as a poster (I have to present the poster as well) and also for the gross and microscopic symposium at the AAD

Any advice on which forum is it better to present at? As I cannot present the same abstract twice during the conference and have to withdraw it at one forum.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

My case report was accepted as a poster (I have to present the poster as well) and also for the gross and microscopic symposium at the AAD

Any advice on which forum is it better to present at? As I cannot present the same abstract twice during the conference and have to withdraw it at one forum.
Thanks!

I'm assuming you are a resident?

I would check with your PD. For my program at least, we had requirements to present a poster and @ gross and microscopic at least once. If your program has similar requirements, I would pick the one you haven't done yet.

If you are looking for maximum exposure, I believe you would get more traffic at the gross and microscopic symposium

I'm assuming you are a resident?

I would check with your PD. For my program at least, we had requirements to present a poster and @ gross and microscopic at least once. If your program has similar requirements, I would pick the one you haven't done yet.

If you are looking for maximum exposure, I believe you would get more traffic at the gross and microscopic symposium

Thank you so much for getting back. Yes I'm a resident.
My PD is ok with either but feels that oral presentations are better than just putting up a poster. But I have to present the poster anyway.
There are no awards for gross and microscopic symposiums, correct?
I am looking at the least stressful one as I'm in a time crunch!
Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
My PD is ok with either but feels that oral presentations are better than just putting up a poster. But I have to present the poster anyway.
Thanks again!

I thought presenting at Gross & Micro was a breeze and super low stress. No one really asks any questions, and if you're a half decent public speaker, you'll stand out in a good way compared with some of the other people I watched.

Thanks again!

Well, the poster is definitely less stressful but as username456789 pointed out, Gross & Micro isn't very difficult either. I forget what the time limit is but it's a rather short presentation. I forget whether or not there is even an opportunity for questions.

Well, the poster is definitely less stressful but as username456789 pointed out, Gross & Micro isn't very difficult either. I forget what the time limit is but it's a rather short presentation. I forget whether or not there is even an opportunity for questions.

It's supposed to be something like 4-5 minutes, including walking up to the podium, introducing yourself, and transitioning back to your seat. No opportinity for questions if I recall.

I presented twice. Each time my actual talk was ~3:30 which was perfect.

Didn't feel like making a new thread.

Did anyone receive a notification about their abstract submission for AAD this year? The website says notifications should go out by late October, wondering if I missed the boat. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
I was also wondering this, I haven’t heard back for Gross and micro or abstracts in general

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They are usually always a little late. You should probably expect a response late next week.

Rejection for case today here, bummer. Haven’t heard anything from abstracts tho.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got the email today.

How much fun are these conferences? Any students want to plan to meet up?

So my abstract was accepted as an ePoster, which is a format I'm unfamiliar with. Does this mean it'll be harder to convince my program to let me attend if I'm not technically presenting (I'm an intern)?