Poster presenting 1 year later

Started by cookiegrub
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cookiegrub

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I unfortunately passed through all the conferences pertaining to my poster. Unfortunately, the ones I am looking at now do not have their own member organized sites so I don't necessarily trust them or think it is worth it to present my work there. I have a tight deadline as most abstracts are being accepted the first week of november. I have no idea on the clarity of my schedule for next year and so I cannot commit to any dates set. How bad does it look if I go present my poster next year like in the fall? I thought about how odd it would look if I presented something I did work on 2018. I need to present this poster because I really want the work to be known and also have the opportunity to network.
 
It won't look odd to present work completed a year ago. Most people won't even pay attention to that. It is probably worth waiting to attend a conference that people in your field generally attend if no other good options are available.