Postponing Exam Date? Please Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deanthedream17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am registered for the May 18 test date, but have now realized after two back to back AAMC exams that I regressed to a 28 from a 31 in late April. I really felt like I would be ready and I also really don't know what is stopping me from doing well. The past 2 exams had even splits 10-10-8V. I was previously getting 10-11 on verbal. I realize I will lose my money if I cancel so I really am not concerned about this. I really want a 35 to go to a top 10 to top 20 school, as my gpa is very high (near 3.9) from a well known university. I have 2 more aamcs left I don't know if I should just cancel now and use them to gauge my readiness in the future or just take them now. I feel like I know the material very well, but obviously my scores don't seem to reflect it. Even when I was taking the exam today (AAMC 7) I felt confident. I am very down and can't believe I am in this situation. If I were to reschedule the next date I could get in is early July since the other dates are closed and that is the closest one available from then. I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would just take it.
You can retake it in August if you are not satisfied with your score.

It seems like you can break 30.. Remember that MCAT is also affected by your luck.