Posttraumatic Growth-Participants Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adp9875

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Amy Duede and I'm a doctoral student at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. I'm currently in the process of recruiting participants for my dissertation on posttraumatic growth, or positive psychological change following a traumatic event.

The purpose of my study is to better understand the experience of childhood trauma and posttraumatic growth, specifically a) the ways in which individuals grow from childhood trauma and b) if, and how, the family as a unit grows. By capturing the complexity of responses to trauma, my hope is that clinicians will be better equipped to provide effective trauma treatment that facilitates and empowers children and families to not only recover, but also grow and thrive following trauma.

Participants will be asked to complete a brief screening survey and an interview intended to gather an understanding of their experience of PTG. The interview will take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. Participants will receive a $25 Visa gift gard as a token of my appreciation for their time.

You may be eligible to participate if you: (a) are between 18 and 27 years old, (b) have experienced a traumatic event after the age of 8, and (c) have experienced posttraumatic growth, or positive psychological change as a result of the trauma.

Please see attached flyer for study information and contact information.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Recruitment Flyer.pdf
    155.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IRB Approval.pdf
    104.7 KB · Views: 81