Potential to match into radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

path vs rads

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Im a current US nearing the end of MS3, who wants to go into radiology. I dont have the highest score unfortunately.. so i was wondering if you guys could give me any advice.

Srep1 score: 224
I have done one research with a cardiologist
Step 2 score: pending

3rd year grades have been A's B's C's but have good evaluation from most of the rotation. Its just that my shelf exam scores have been pretty bad

Thanks guys in advance
 
Agreed with Radz123. My suggestion is to aim to improve on step 2, cast a wide net with your applications, and you'll match for sure. Cheers!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're a US MD which is what I think you meant, then yep you'll match somewhere. No worries.
 
With all due respect to the OP, are practicing radiologists and radiology residents not concerned about the fact that the field is now accepting applicants who would not have been remotely competitive just several years ago?

I hear stories of random community hospitals opening rads residencies, and I feel bad for my colleagues going into radiology.
 
OP: Apply broadly especially within your region, and you will be fine. Be open to moving to an area that may not be necessarily desirable, and mix academic and community programs. Show interest in programs you may have particular interest in so that your application doesn't fall through the cracks.

With all due respect to the OP, are practicing radiologists and radiology residents not concerned about the fact that the field is now accepting applicants who would not have been remotely competitive just several years ago?

I hear stories of random community hospitals opening rads residencies, and I feel bad for my colleagues going into radiology.

No.
 
Last edited: