Potential?

Started by bp129
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp129

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK so Im currently a high school junior and currently got interested in this pharmacy and have read the aacp website like twice over. Thought I would get better reponses here than in the high school section.
so here are my stats

GPA

unweighted:3.2 (bleh)
weighted: 3.4 (bleh)
D in Algebra 2 but made up to an A
D in a Semester of AP chem Made up to a B
Drop in 2nd semester Ap Chem and currently retaking

list of Science courses taken and currently taking
Biology
Chemistry
Biotechnology
AP Chem (currently taking)
Sports Medicine
AP Physics B (Currently taking)

Math Courses Taken (in high school)
Algebra 2
Triginometry
Statistics
Precalculus

Extra Curriculars
VP of Operation Smile
3 years of band
Kendo
member of School Science Society
member of Pre Med society
good community service record
planning to job shadow over the summer

SAT
r- 660
m- 730
w- 750
so
r/m- 1390
total- 2140

Sat 2
Math 2c- 800
chem-800

planning to apply (0-6/early assurance)
MCPHS
Northeastern
St. Johns
Long Island
Drake
UOP

Planning to apply (regular undergrad)
Cal poly San Luis Opispo
UC Riverside
UC Irvine
Purdue

How do you think I stand up?

Should I go for any Early Descisions?

Should I forget 0-6/ early assurances entirely and just do 2 years prepharm?

Should I add any Schools to my list?

Anything I forgot?

DONT BE AFRAID TO BE BLUNT
 
I don't have any experience with 0-6 programs as far as acceptance with high school stats, but your grades and test scores look pretty decent. Your gpa is maybe a little low but your SAT scores are very good. If I had to re-do prepharmacy/the admissions process I would enter a 0-6 program. It's an entirely different mentality to know that you will enter the professional program merely if you get passing grades. When you are taking classes in preparation for 2+4 schools you feel like you HAVE to get mainly A's and even then nothing is guaranteed. In short, 0 +6 programs will save yourself a lot of stress from having to worry about the application process/money for apps & travel/volunteering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.