-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Gastroenterology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ppl who wrote GI boards this year
Started by Suprep
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I recerted. Definitely felt like the test was harder than last time. I bet we’ll still pass...
when do you think we will hear back? the turn around for other specialties has been pretty quick this year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wondering the same. I think we will have nice/not so nice Christmas surprise
Getting nervous waiting. I wonder when the big day is.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Summerstars2014
New Member
I’m a long time lurker since the pre Med days. My GI friends and I all agree that the exam was very difficult (we sat for the initial certification exam). I felt like I had adequately studied for the exam but left feeling disheartened. I keep logging into the website hoping the score report is up. I also keep looking at the results of my internal medicine board exam and am hopeful that it’ll be similar in terms of the score needed to pass. Back when I took IM boards, the ABIM public verification site was showing that you were certified before they actually emailed the score reports later that day. Best wishes to everyone, hopefully this will be behind all of us very soon, and we will have the good news that we are hoping for!
Echo the same. Not a single question from DDSEP or ACG. It was extremely disheartening at the end and drained completely. If I don’t pass this year, I don’t know what I should study for next year.I’m a long time lurker since the pre Med days. My GI friends and I all agree that the exam was very difficult (we sat for the initial certification exam). I felt like I had adequately studied for the exam but left feeling disheartened. I keep logging into the website hoping the score report is up. I also keep looking at the results of my internal medicine board exam and am hopeful that it’ll be similar in terms of the score needed to pass. Back when I took IM boards, the ABIM public verification site was showing that you were certified before they actually emailed the score reports later that day. Best wishes to everyone, hopefully this will be behind all of us very soon, and we will have the good news that we are hoping for!
Summerstars2014
New Member
Echo the same. Not a single question from DDSEP or ACG. It was extremely disheartening at the end and drained completely. If I don’t pass this year, I don’t know what I should study for next year.
Yep. I started preparing early and did DDSEP 8 and 9, ACG the most recent set and some of last years questions, read all of acing the boards series (did their course as well), and did the Mayo course this year. I felt like I had really done a good job preparing and was honestly shocked when I finished the exam. It was so disappointing. If after all of that and I don’t pass, I’m honestly not sure how to prepare again.
The test is a joke, tests worthless information, and all around is a waste of time. Everyone walks out feeling like garbage.
After all of that, the pass rate for first time test takers was 99% in 2018. The pass rate for MOC was 92%.
You probably passed.
After all of that, the pass rate for first time test takers was 99% in 2018. The pass rate for MOC was 92%.
You probably passed.
Hope all recent test takers post after results come out. How were boards compared to AGA In-service exam? We are taking it in march. Thanks!
Summerstars2014
New Member
From what I remember of the ITE, the actual board exam was more difficult.Hope all recent test takers post after results come out. How were boards compared to AGA In-service exam? We are taking it in march. Thanks!
ITE was similar to ACG questions. Boards was whole lot differentHope all recent test takers post after results come out. How were boards compared to AGA In-service exam? We are taking it in march. Thanks!
I feel better seeing others comments that the exam sucked for most ppl who took it. Hope ABIM takes that into account
Summerstars2014
New Member
Scores are up! I passed with a great margin! Best wishes to everyone!
Summerstars2014
New Member
All of my co fellows who took the exam with me passed as well!
Passed! Great sigh of relief. You never know where you'll land until you see the scores. Hope everyone gets good news today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they post the pass rate every year anywhere?
This year's pass rate isn't up yet
Summerstars2014
New Member
Congratulations!! I’m so glad to be done with this for a while!Passed! Great sigh of relief. You never know where you'll land until you see the scores. Hope everyone gets good news today.
Congrats on certification.
Any suggestions for us still in training? Materials, qbanks or other resources while its still fresh in your minds.
Thanks!
Any suggestions for us still in training? Materials, qbanks or other resources while its still fresh in your minds.
Thanks!
Summerstars2014
New Member
Thank you! I used DDSEP and ACG as my question banks. I also read the entire acing the boards series and high yield clinical guidelines. I took the Mayo and Acing courses as well. If you can only do one course, I recommend Mayo. Best wishes!
Summerstars2014
New Member
Congratulations!!Phew, passed it by a good margin. all my co fellows passed as well
ACG, DDSEP 9, Steinberg course. Revise one more time
Summerstars2014
New Member
I am planning on the 10 year MOC. To be honest, I haven’t quite done enough research on the 2 year to know the pros and cons of each. What are your thoughts?
2 year is the way to go. It costs the same over 10 years as the 10 year option and is way less stressful. The only downside, you have to take a total of 2.5 days off over 10 years compared to 1 day off. But for 1.5 days, I would choose 10 years of happiness and decreased stress
keep in mind there will be a new longitudinal option starting approx 2022
keep in mind there will be a new longitudinal option starting approx 2022
Which resource do you guys recommend studying for the basic science type questions?
Summerstars2014
New Member
Hi, I would recommend the resources that I listed above: DDSEP, ACG, ACG universe, acing the boards, mayo course. Some above (as well as some of my co fellows) also used the Steinberg course which I also used, but inconsistently since I had so many other resources.Which resource do you guys recommend studying for the basic science type questions?
Best wishes, hope you’re staying safe!
Passed as well. I used DDSEP (several many times) and Mt. Sinai Course (NYC). Thankful to be done.
Passed as well. I used DDSEP (several many times) and Mt. Sinai Course (NYC). Thankful to be done.
Ddsep is easier than the exam though, no?
the boards this year was completely different. felt worse than DDSEP but that could be coz almost no question came from the recommended resources. I still passed with close to 75th percentile in graph, so I would say stick with the resources above and hope for the best.Ddsep is easier than the exam though, no?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, DDSEP was definitely easier than the GI Boards this yearDdsep is easier than the exam though, no?