PR and Kaplan Auditions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying mantis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone auditioned to teach for PR or Kaplan? If so, what did you do? Any ideas for fun and funky lessons?

Members don't see this ad.

I taught the Kaplan staff how to tie a variety of knots. It blew them away! ;) Seriously though, make sure you write on the board during your mock lesson. They love that!

i gave a short lesson on how to make chocolate chip cookies, and i had some that i'd made earlier. :) I think it went over pretty well, who doesn't like cookies?
remember to get some class participation - they like it when you ask questions.

ricegirl

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what kind of MCAT scores you need to teach for Kaplan?

At least a 10 on each section I believe.

Yikes! They make you audition? Does anyone know the pay range to teach at PR or Kaplan? Also, if you taught for them, how was the experience for you? Would you do it all over again??

I just showed how to make a paper airplane. I've heard of people teaching origami or how to read wine labels. They could really care less about what you do. They just want to see that you're comfortable talking in front of others.

Someone asked how much they pay. I'm an MCAT teacher, and I get $18/hour. I think the other teachers get $15/hour.

Good luck.

Oh yeah, someone asked what kind of MCAT scores you need to teach for Kaplan. When I taught over the summer, there were 3 of us at the center. All of us had 37's or 38's. However, I've heard of people auditioning with 33's. It probably depends on how badly the centers need teachers.

I think the pay depends on how long you have been with the company. I took it in Riverside, CA, and one of my instructors was making $30 an hour.

Originally posted by alladawi:
•Yikes! They make you audition? Does anyone know the pay range to teach at PR or Kaplan? Also, if you taught for them, how was the experience for you? Would you do it all over again??•