Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PR and Kaplan Auditions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by praying mantis, Oct 21, 2001.

1. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Has anyone auditioned to teach for PR or Kaplan? If so, what did you do? Any ideas for fun and funky lessons?

2. bobcat

bobcat Member
    10+ Year Member

I taught the Kaplan staff how to tie a variety of knots. It blew them away! ;) Seriously though, make sure you write on the board during your mock lesson. They love that!

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i gave a short lesson on how to make chocolate chip cookies, and i had some that i'd made earlier. :) I think it went over pretty well, who doesn't like cookies?
    remember to get some class participation - they like it when you ask questions.

ricegirl

4. csgirl

csgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know what kind of MCAT scores you need to teach for Kaplan?

5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

At least a 10 on each section I believe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yikes! They make you audition? Does anyone know the pay range to teach at PR or Kaplan? Also, if you taught for them, how was the experience for you? Would you do it all over again??

7. gobears

gobears Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just showed how to make a paper airplane. I've heard of people teaching origami or how to read wine labels. They could really care less about what you do. They just want to see that you're comfortable talking in front of others.

Someone asked how much they pay. I'm an MCAT teacher, and I get $18/hour. I think the other teachers get $15/hour.

Good luck.

8. gobears

gobears Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh yeah, someone asked what kind of MCAT scores you need to teach for Kaplan. When I taught over the summer, there were 3 of us at the center. All of us had 37's or 38's. However, I've heard of people auditioning with 33's. It probably depends on how badly the centers need teachers.

9. ken

ken Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the pay depends on how long you have been with the company. I took it in Riverside, CA, and one of my instructors was making $30 an hour.