practical experience for foreign students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcrown

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I?d like to enquire about the possibility for me as a foreign student of getting dental practical experience in the US,GB, Canada, or Australia as an assistant or other possible in summer.
I live in Estonia, Europe and study dentistry for 4th year (of 5 years total) now in the University of Tartu.
I?d be very grateful if someone could send me info on this or related topics.

------------------
Mcrown

Members don't see this ad.

mccrown
how would you like to come to india for externship. we will love to host you at our clinics
Thanks & Regards
Dr Thind
www.thind.com

------------------
Thanks & Regards
DrRajan Bir Singh Thind
www.thind.com

I think the many Us dental schoolz have Residency programz for foreign dentists which you could possibly join. Takes a year's time and you get certified too. Though Ive read that the positions are hard to get into, its worth the time you spend once youre in! Moreover, it gives you ample time to take the Boardz if youre interested in eventually getting licensed in the States.

if you want to practice in the US, as a foreign dentist, you need to redo dental school to a certain extent. i am in second year, and there are 5 foreign dentists in my class, that need to redo 2 1/2 years of dental school again. so you have to weigh your options.