practical test for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to buy materials for practical test for Colorado interview.I don`t know how to start .
I have the option between buying compressor and turbine or electric micromotor . I prefere the compressor ,but I don`t know what type of connexions I have to buy and where I can find them . I looked on ebay and there are not many options there. Can someone give me an advice?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am also in same confusion. Can anyone tell what all is required to do practice at home. Do duggans provide any classes to prepare for colorado uni ?
Any information will be highly appreciated.

hey guys,
u definately need compressor and dental delivery unit which is where your hand piece connects to... compressor provides air and it is carried via dental deliery unit to handpiece... what i know is that, this is atleast you need to start practicing.... i have couple of video DVD s for the preps from a well known training centre .... if that can be of your help.... also do you have any idea as what all preps should we prepare???...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi

Duggans do conduted classes for school interview practical exams i knew few of them who had taken this class .it also depends on where u guys r put up coz there r no of such classes not as well known as duggans of course but equally good in the south bay san fransico . i too am confused as to what to do for the pracs.

But yes it is good to have a compressor ,hand piece ,burs ivory teeth ready .

you dont have too waste your money on any classes for all this i think, it is just to test our skill , which you cant just improve in a month , the exercises for the interview will be give in detail when one gets a call for interview from colorado. so basicaly one needs to be skillful in himself...
correct me if any information i gave is wrong....

can anyone tell me which handpiece we should buy? There are many available like latch type, push botton...........
I dont want to buy very expensive. So please advice.
Is turbine comes with handpiece or we have to buy it seperately. Is it ok to buy handpiece from ebay( I saw push botton handpiece available for $90)
Please help. I am very confused.

Hey guys what makes you think that you all are invited for the colorado interview.I advise you not to waste your money on Duggans and buying all the stuff.Probably you should wait until you are called and then buy.So don't be overconfident be realistic.Do you guys know a person who got 96 got waitlisted in NYU. Think twice before you leap.

hey dude , may be you are right, but there is no harm for these people to optimistic , unlike you.......:rolleyes:

For sure ,this gay will have a call fromColorado . That means ,we need to practice a lot to compensate the difference between his score and our scores . :laugh:
Thank you for motivate me to practice more !

can anyone tell me which handpiece we should buy? There are many available like latch type, push botton...........
I dont want to buy very expensive. So please advice.
Is turbine comes with handpiece or we have to buy it seperately. Is it ok to buy handpiece from ebay( I saw push botton handpiece available for $90)
Please help. I am very confused.

hi composite,,check out this link

http://idsdental.stores.yahoo.net/handpieces.html

all the best

Hi sweetgal
thanks for reply.
Is turbine comes with handpiece or we have to buy it seperately.