Practical to Submit Pritzker's Secondary ???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jofrbr76, Oct 21, 2002.

1. jofrbr76

jofrbr76 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hopefully you don't get annoyed, this isn't a "what are my chances thread."

I just want to know if you think it's worth my time to complete/submit my sec. in light that i just got an email reminding me to. UofC gets like 6000 apps, i'm a very typical premed and now late by their standards.

That said, my advisor made me feel like i don't have much of a shot at UofC Pritzker b/c of my undergrad school. I go to a state school in Michigan. (not State or UofM) I've got all my other secondaries in and wonder what you all think i should do.

*My gpa was 3.6, MCAT 9V-12P-11B P-writing,
    *Volunteer exp in ER, and Homeless shelter,
    *hospital job (Nurse technician) for almost 2yrs (this NOV.), *Cancer chemotherapy research for 1year, might get published this semester (hopeful),
    *studied abroad this summer on tropical disease research trip to ecuador, and
    *i tutor physics, o-chem and bio for a student run tutor center, *also i'm president of our premed club.

Thanks for reading, don't hate on me but please give me blunt honesty.

Joe

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Go for it! Your stats are well within the boundaries and your ECs are fairly solid if they were done for more than a year or so (or close to a year.)

Their application influx has been somewhat higher than last year as I talked to the admissions member about a month ago. They are expecting close to 7000 this year but don't be intimidated...they really look closely at your essays (I believe 4 + an optional essay).

Best of luck.

4. zephyr_97

zephyr_97 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Joe,

If UChicago is somewhere you would like to go, submit your application promto. It might be a little late but if you don't try, how do you ever know that you could make it? Medical school admission is so random that both good and bad things can happen. Good luck!

Z.

5. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Go for it. I can see how people might be reluctant to apply to schools that seem out of their league, but your numbers at close to their averages, so they do accept some people with lower numbers than yours. Plus, you have great EC's. Don't be suprised if you might at least get an interview there. Good luck!