Practical uses for your pharmacy diploma/license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xenophylia

Charles Darwin fan club president
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably not going to be the thread you think it is....but first, a few riddles!

1. What kind of thief shakes your hand after a robbery? A pharmacy school dean.

2. What can you do to a piece of paper to make it worth less than nothing? Print a pharmacy license on it.

Ok. Now on to the actual thread. I like to think I'm a helpful guy. And I've been thinking about all those new grads with their freshly minted pharmacy diplomas. A few of them that went to the few remaining good schools might even have passed the NABPLEX and gotten licenses to boot. Yes- they could simply frame those documents. But that provides a constant reminder of past stresses, frequent bad decisions and a truly bleak future. Best put those EXPENSIVE documents to good use in the REAL world. So I've got some suggestions to help the new grads find a REAL use for those documents. When we're done we can take our suggestions over to the student forums which will certainly earn those involved (myself included) a ban for melting the snowflakes.

1. Hygienic use- Place said document under your cat's litter box. This prevents overspray. For those concerned about the environment the document can be laminated for repeated uses!

2. Financial use- Contrary to popular belief, you CAN still make money with a pharmacy license. It works like this. Buy a tin cup. Take diploma, license and tin cup and sit in front of Starbucks. Anything appearing in cup by the end of the day =PROFIT. People will see your license. Those in the know will empathize. A few will ask if you really needed to go to school and get a diploma to learn to count pills. Humor them. End of the day what's in the cup is yours, tax free!

3. Compassionate use- take diploma and/ or license. Tape it to your parents' car in appropriate location. This will prevent the Uber/Lyft/Domino's delivery sign from damaging their paint. Accept their gratitude for being considerate.

4. Decoration- Framed, they look impressive on the wall of your parents' basement, your safe spot (right above the play doh and fidget spinners), or the cardboard box you call home. If you find it depresses you, you can always take it down. To the guys- it might help you get women IF they don't get too close and actually read the documents. Failure is the opposite of an aphrodisiac. Or so they say.

Please add any additional uses you come up with. x.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not related to your diploma but here's a good side hustle idea: auction off your white coat starting at a minimum price of $20. There is a market for this as there are 15,000 snowflakes each year who need a costume to play doctor for 4 years. Better yet, go into the resale business by getting new grads to pawn their coats to you as they have no use for it since they are either unemployed or have the "big boy" version of the fake doctor costume now. Same thing goes with stethoscopes and "required" supplies/equipment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Side hustles are certainly welcome!

Members don't see this ad :)
This should be a sticky in the pre-pharm forum.

Also don't underestimate panhandling, some of them make more than minimum wage tax free.

Reactions: 1 users
6. Invest some $ to buy a plot of land to make a war memorial in remembrance of the fallen new grads from 2018-present. Instead of etching their names in stone, simply take their diplomas and imprint them into the foundation and their names will be forever etched in history. RIP...

(also you can set up a booth and charge a $5 admission fee for pre-pharms who might want to visit and marvel at the wonderful heroes who sacrificed themselves to blaze their path)

Reactions: 2 users

Also don't underestimate panhandling, some of them make more than minimum wage tax free.
I figured putting it in student forum would get me an insta ban and then I wouldn't get to see the creative uses people post....

Reactions: 1 user

Mods? Use your godlike powers FOR GOOD for a change.... Help them snowflakes. We mean well....we really do!

Last edited:
And before anyone mentions using their documents as toilet paper...... I've been told it's too coarse and may cause irritation/ splinters. Also the gold embossing is potentially toxic. Maybe they should use different paper for future grads. Then at least they'd be getting SOMETHING in return for their $200+k...

You could tell how well your school ranks by how many ply your diploma is....

And before anyone mentions using their documents as toilet paper...... I've been told it's too coarse and may cause irritation/ splinters. Also the gold embossing is potentially toxic. Maybe they should use different paper for future grads. Then at least they'd be getting SOMETHING in return for their $200+k...

You could tell how well your school ranks by how many ply your diploma is....
Practical question though: What if some schools emailed their diplomas out this year due to covid/having virtual graduation ceremonies? How do you monetize a electronic diploma?

Wow. The thought of that even sucks... Then I guess you get NOTHING in return for your time/$$$

You could find someone with the same name as you and sell it off. Might be possible if your last name is like Nguyen or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Or if you're really dedicated, you could legally change your name to match....

5. Religious- Use your documents as a prayer mat. Your heathen ways and faith in false idols have likely gotten you into this mess. Choose a god that fits your lifestyle and pay, pray, pray! There are more to choose from every day...

6. Health- Your diploma can double as a classy Yoga mat. Again laminate for best results and easy cleanup. Be the envy of the class with the most expensive mat anyone has ever seen!

I don't understand why the popup burner pharmacies of the 70s don't make a return. Just rent a space, get it inspected by the Board, get your DEA license, take a loan for about $600k in cash, then buy all the popular C2's and HGH and do a one-time sale to the Mafia, Mafiya, or Tong, and then flee the country with the illicit proceeds. That used to be a real problem for quite a while until there was a clampdown in the late 70s.

Another riddle! What's the most common error found in pharmacy practice? Becoming a pharmacist!