Practice Dentistry in Taiwan and China

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryo998

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone has information or links on how to obtain dental license in Taiwan and China? I am an U.S.-trained and licensed dentist currently in California.

Thanks in advance.

M

Members don't see this ad.

take part 1 taiwanese national exam first, then apply for one year internship in certain hospitals. once it's complete, you will be allowed to take part 2 and get the license.

For china you can apply for international dentist license with your US license and then able to practice. no exams needed. just need to pay an annual fee to extend the international dentist license every yr.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello sweeter, whats the contents for part 1 and part 2 for Taiwan license?
is it like NBDE that part 1 is on basic science and part 2 is about clinical contents? or part 1 is written exam and part 2 is a clinical exam? thank you!

is knowledge of mandarian a requisite for a chinese licence?

both part 1 and part 2 are written exam. contents are more or less the same but comparing to NBDE, pharm and dental materials are included in part 1 in taiwanese exam.

For china you can apply for international dentist license with your US license and then able to practice. no exams needed. just need to pay an annual fee to extend the international dentist license every yr.

Thanks! Let me look around for some more info. about it. If you have any additional info., please let me know!

take part 1 taiwanese national exam first, then apply for one year internship in certain hospitals. once it's complete, you will be allowed to take part 2 and get the license.

Thanks! That sounds like a long process. I will still look into it though. Appreciate the help.

i believe the taiwan license exam is in mandarian right sweeter?

hey jcdragon13, just wanted to follow up on your knowledge of international licensing. Where can I find this on the web? Or do I need to search in Chinese to access their dental association...can't seem to find it right now. Thanks!

Hello jtwlam, im not sure where is the official website but i know someone is working as an international dentist in shanghai. i can ask around for you and ill get back to you as soon as possible.

Hello jtwlam, can you read chinese? im sorry, unfortunately the websites that i can find about how foreign dentist to registar in china are all in chinese.