Practice MCATS: Kaplan vs. AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sknight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took a Kaplan test after a good week of studying and I got a 32 however I took a few AAMC tests a few weeks ago and on average I got around a 28.

I just wanted to know if you guys think Kaplan is an accurate indicator of how well you would do on a real AAMC mcat. I know I should probably take some more AAMC mcats, but I don't want to waste any right now.

My break down score for Kaplan was 8/12/12 and for AAMC, on average, it was 9/10/9. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion the kaplan tests have harder questions but a generous curve that more than makes up for it. The real mcat's questions are much more like the aamc practice tests and the curve is likely to be similar as well; so your aamc practice test avg should be a good indicator of where your at!

Kaplan verbal is all I have an issue with. You can always find the answer almost word for word if you look back at the passage. It really empashizes their mapping strategy but it is like the AAMC exams which are old REAL MCAT exams.