• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Practice NBME

TheEleventhReel

Dinkin flicka
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
  1. Medical Student
    Alright, I know this subject has probably been beaten to death, but I have a quick question. I just finished making my study schedule and I've set aside time to do 3 of the 4 NBMEs. I'm definately taking 4 b/c I want good practice on the tougher cell/molec and biochem questions. I'm also taking form 3 b/c the general consensus is that it is most representive of the real deal. My question is should I take form 1 or form 2? Also, I should point out that I've structured these tests into my schedule so that I'm taking form 3 a few days before the test and form 4 after I've sufficiently covered cell/molec and biochem. I plan on taking either form 1 or 2 at the beginning of my studies to get a baseline. Any thoughts?

SoCuteMD

15+ Year Member
    Nov 28, 2005
    No more rounding!
    1. Attending Physician
      A baseline is a good idea, but not absolutely necessary. My school administered a practice test, so I just used that. What question bank are you using? If I had a choice between another NBME and buying UWorld - I'd happily buy UWorld and skip the NBME. I'd much rather have helpful feedback and explanations than a bar graph and a score without much explanation.

Good :luck:!

TheEleventhReel

Dinkin flicka
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 15, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        A baseline is a good idea, but not absolutely necessary. My school administered a practice test, so I just used that. What question bank are you using? If I had a choice between another NBME and buying UWorld - I'd happily buy UWorld and skip the NBME. I'd much rather have helpful feedback and explanations than a bar graph and a score without much explanation.

Good :luck:!

I have UW and it is a great test bank. Unfortunately, we didn't get a practice test representative of boards, so I'd like to take either 1 or 2 for a baseline. Since I'm a DO student, I don't have to take USMLE, so I'd like to know that I'm getting in the range of my goal for USMLE. If I'm not, then I'm not going to take the exam. I know the NBMEs don't exactly correlate w/your score, but from the posts I've seen, many people are w/in 5-10 points of their last NBME. I've seen that most people think form 1 is the easiest, but I haven't heard that much about form 2.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.