Practice Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennyL867

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with an overall study schedule, and am wondering how to incorporate practice questions. I have 8 weeks to study and would like to get through Qbank, UW, and a few NBME exams. How do most people do this? How many questions per day? Random vs. subject-based? Qbank or UW first? Did you do an NBME exam about mid-way through your studies to see where you were, and then save the rest for a week or so before the test?

Members don't see this ad.

I have six weeks and I've been doing 50 timed mixed questions in the morning, followed by reviewing the answers. Then I do my subject reading for the day. I alternate Kaplan and USMLEworld everyday. I plan to increase this number to between 75 and 100 a day closer towards the test, when I have reviewed more of the material.

For people who score above a 240, what percentages were you getting the first couple weeks?

I have six weeks and I've been doing 50 timed mixed questions in the morning, followed by reviewing the answers. Then I do my subject reading for the day. I alternate Kaplan and USMLEworld everyday. I plan to increase this number to between 75 and 100 a day closer towards the test, when I have reviewed more of the material.

For people who score above a 240, what percentages were you getting the first couple weeks?

Low to mid 50's. Don't get frustrated if that's where you start. You'll gradually see improvement as you continue along in your studying.

I'm in the same boat.. I've literally read all the old posts on study schedules etc... but I can't find one that gives a concise outline as to how to maximize 7 weeks AND complete both Kaplan and UWorld q banks..

and unlike the rest of this forum.. i've struggled all of second year to pass my courses and will have to struggle to pass the step 1...

thanks