Practice Scores- what’s my score prediction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GimmeTheScalpel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got my score

Subtract 20-25 points from your uwsa it overpredicts, those that claim it doesn’t are lying.

Remove 10 points from your lowest nbme

220-225 is what you should be expecting on a good day

Anything above is bonus
Good luck

Slay the beast

Just got my score

Subtract 20-25 points from your uwsa it overpredicts, those that claim it doesn’t are lying.

Anything above is bonus
Good luck

Slay the beast
You’re the only one I’ve heard say UWSA 2 overpredicts by 20. And 10 points lower than lowest NBME? Dude you’re nuts

You’re the only one I’ve heard say UWSA 2 overpredicts by 20. And 10 points lower than lowest NBME? Dude you’re nuts

He’s extrapolating from his own experience. He’s in shock because he just got his scores today. And he’s understandably disappointed about the drop in scores he expected from his practice exams.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These are my practice scores and my exam is coming up really soon. Need some help gauging where I stand...

NBME 13- 232
UWSA1- 255
NBME 19- 234
NBME 18- 242
UWSA2- 249

They’re all over the place so I’m not sure which is most predictive.
235-238

Reactions: 1 user
You have a 70% chance of scoring +/-10 points from the average of your NBMEs, with the probability increasing with the more you take. Uworld overpredicts for most but my score was 8 points higher than UWSA1 and spot on with UWSA2.

Edit: this question is technically irrelevant now that NBME has a graph at the end of each practice test saying exactly what the distribution of test takers that took that specific form scored on their actual Step 1. That's where I got the 70% chance of +/-10 from.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are my practice scores and my exam is coming up really soon. Need some help gauging where I stand...

NBME 13- 232
UWSA1- 255
NBME 19- 234
NBME 18- 242
UWSA2- 249

240-250 but take the other three and study them for a better idea

NBME 13- 232
UWSA1- 255
NBME 19- 234
NBME 18- 242
UWSA2- 249

Most likely will 240-255. Bottom limit is 235. Anything that’s lower than 235 means that you choke somewhere.

Your scores aren’t helpful alone. To get a good picture, I’d want:

a) when you took them (closer to test day is more accurate, I want an idea of trends)
b) how much of Uworld you did by that point (if you did more of Uworld, it’s a better representation, but finishing Uworld too early and repeating it multiple times is sometimes a poor prognostic indicator)
c) what your first pass Uworld % is and your Uworld habits (a good indicator if you’ve done it on timed and random - a bad indicator if you’ve done it on tutor)
d) when your test is
e) what your mcat score was (test taking acumen, and extent/probability of choking)

Your scores aren’t helpful alone. To get a good picture, I’d want:

a) when you took them (closer to test day is more accurate, I want an idea of trends)
b) how much of Uworld you did by that point (if you did more of Uworld, it’s a better representation, but finishing Uworld too early and repeating it multiple times is sometimes a poor prognostic indicator)
c) what your first pass Uworld % is and your Uworld habits (a good indicator if you’ve done it on timed and random - a bad indicator if you’ve done it on tutor)
d) when your test is
e) what your mcat score was (test taking acumen, and extent/probability of choking)
He would also like your
a) SAT scores
b) Resting heart rate
c) Household income to gauge how much prep material you could afford from k-12 onwards
d) 100 meter dash time (how much explosive power you have to burst through those question stems)

He would also like your
a) SAT scores
b) Resting heart rate
c) Household income to gauge how much prep material you could afford from k-12 onwards
d) 100 meter dash time (how much explosive power you have to burst through those question stems)

those would also help, although the resting heart rate is useless without more context. Ideally I’d like an echo and an ekg, but let’s not get excessive.

Reactions: 1 users
He would also like your
a) SAT scores
b) Resting heart rate

They were legit questions if OP wants help predicting. Although your post did make me chuckle.

Just got my score

Anything above is bonus
Good luck

Slay the beast

Lol if I followed your prediction criteria, I would have gotten a 180 on Step and failed

Actual score 240+