Practice Tests Kaplan vs. TopScore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whit127

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the DAT next monday and have been using TopScore's practice exams. I decided to use Kaplan's practice test today and found that their PAT was harder but their nat. sciences was a little easier. Also Kaplan's reading comprehension scroller was really annoying and I could never find my spot in the reading. Has anyone taken both versions and have any advice as to which one is more like the actual test? Any better versions?

Also, do dental schools average your scores if you take it more than once, or take your highest?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've only taken TopScore. Friends of mine have told me TopScore is closer to what the actual exam is like. But i personally wouldn't know, i haven't taken my DATs yet.

You WILL find that Kaplan PAT is actually EASIER than the actual exam, especially angle ranking, hole punching, and counting. For science, I thought Kap's bio was somewhat easier than the actual, and chem & orgo were harder than the actual.