SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Practice Vision?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bubbaap, Jun 21, 2001.

1. bubbaap

bubbaap Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 19, 2001
    How did you guys go about writing the practice vision statement? Besides practicing medicine, I really have no idea about the specifics of my practice 10 years from now. Do you think the admissions committees would frown upon not being specific?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. tbachi

tbachi Member 10+ Year Member

May 26, 2000
    Lexington, KY, USA
    be honest... that is always the best way to go... consider writing about what your interests currently are.. of course they could change but it gives them an idea of what you are thinking about.
  4. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    A lot of people say to be general in this essay ("i am interested in ____, but am open to everything"). I disagree. ALL of us see ourselves in SOME field of medicine in ten years. And ALL of us have interests in things. I think that the adcoms want to know exactly what the question asks - where do you see yourself? If you were told that you could choose a residency right now, what would it be? Why? What do think makes you qualified for that? Sure, you need to say that you are open to everything, but distinguish yourself! Let them know that you have a plan and that only they can make that plan possible for you. Be bold! Be risky! It will make for an interesting and educational essay.