Pre-2015 TBR books for Nymeria's MCAT plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1075378

Hi,

I am an "old lady" (kidding - I am in my mid to late 20s) and I remember when SN2ed was the way to go for MCAT prep, so I was going to use Nymeria's MCAT plan because that's mostly SN2ed modified for MCAT 2015

I bought pre-2015 TBR books (~2005 or so) because the Nymeria plan says it's okay to use them.

I also have the 7-book Kaplan set designed for MCAT 2015 for better Biochemistry coverage.

I saw a post on here that said they changed the question style for MCAT 2015, so you shouldn't use pre-2015 prep books. How true is this?

Buying a new set of books (the 2015 MCAT version of TBR) is cheaper and easier than having to take the MCAT more than once, so I will buy them if needed, but I'd rather not if not necessary.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely get the new books for the sciences. I used the Nymeria plan with current books and they were the single most useful thing I did (132 C/P and B/B). I personally wasn't going to risk studying material that had been removed from the exam or worse yet, miss things that had been added to the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely get the new books for the sciences. I used the Nymeria plan with current books and they were the single most useful thing I did (132 C/P and B/B). I personally wasn't going to risk studying material that had been removed from the exam or worse yet, miss things that had been added to the exam.

Thank you!