Pre Calc or Statistics

Started by DrSmooth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSmooth

Secret Recipe Soda
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting a 1-1.5 year post bac this summer to take all science pre-reqs. Question: Should I take Statistics or PreCalc (along with Intro Chem) this quarter? I have a D- in Stats from my first year of college (14 years ago, my only grade lower than a B) and I wanted to address that before applying to med school. Precalc would be for prep for Chem & Physics. I also could possibly review precalc informally with a friend who is a Math professor this quarter.

What would you do? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why are you taking either?

If it's been a long time since you've done any math, I'd recommend taking an algebra course to prep you for chem and physics (assumming you are taking non-calc based courses). I'd take this course before the chem/physics. Taking it at the same time kind of defeats the purpose.
 
vote in for stats. All the algebra and trig in physics/chem (provided you didn't sign up for calc based physics) is easy and the science teacher will likely be able to spend some time going over the basics for you if you need it. Stats on the other hand will actually help you more in the long run and show that despite your poor grade before, you are not up to snuff.