About the Ads

init4damoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Status (Visible)
You bet I work, full time. Gotta provide for my family, you know what I'm sayin! Definately a lot harder with a wife, 1 kid and another due any day, but you do what you gotta do.

preludexl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2001
Status (Visible)
I am currently holding court as an air quality inspector for Maricopa.

DDSdude

Never Give Up...Never
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
50+ hours a week. Need to support a family of four. :clap:

jes1ca

OP Resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
I work full time in biological product development for a Nanotechnology Company.

About the Ads

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by toothpixie
hi Bus!

i work as a dental assistant-- and i love it!
Needless to say, it's taught me a ton.

;) Sujain

hey tooth! I pmed you.

akathisia

gait plagerist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Yes! Part-time (12-24 hrs/wk) through undergrad.
After graduation 40-60hrs week as an ER tech.

dprice121

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yes-- as an undergrad I worked 20 hrs/week as an Academic Advisor and now that I'm graduated I work full-time as a Registrar for Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions.

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
same here. have always worked (high school, college, no college, etc etc).

been working as a dental assistant for the past year and a half and love it. The Dr. has been letting me make all the night guards that he has had for the past month and i haven't screwed up once yet.

:clap: :D

still learning more and more everyday and i can't wait to get my hands on stuff in dental school. btw, i hated it when i was trying to pour cast without having air bubbles.

DDSconverted

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2003
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
I have worked all but 1 year of my undergraduate schooling. Currently I work in the disability resource department at ASU and TA O-Chem. I am in the same boat as a lot of others, got to provide a little for the family!

BA
OU CLASS OF 2008

3rdMolarRoller

User Account Deleted
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
Status (Visible)
When I was an undergrad I owned a lawn service and had 3 employees. When I went for my masters, I subcontracted all my contracts ( 85 ) and worked as a manger in Citibank in the collections dept...so much fun :D

Ahhh...only 24 and all I did in life is work. I need to get out and play!!!

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Originally posted by Brocnizer2007
...worked as a manger in Citibank in the collections dept...so much fun :D

The grim reaper.;)

UMDeeMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Duluth, MN
Status (Visible)
still an undergrad. work for the us postal service doing encoding and at ahealth club.

burton117

The Big Kahuna
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
50+ hours a week working for a hospital in pharmacy information systems. Basically a pharmacy technician with an administrative role. Support on the new pharmacy system install (McKesson Horizon Meds Manager), interface testing and maintenance, Drug distribution system (Pyxis) system administrator, running reports, financial analysis of drug use, C II-V narcotic discrepancy reports, etc.. Its fun and I'm learning a ton about clinical informatics, drug and allergy interactions, etc.. but its not what I want to do with the rest of my life. It pays the bills for now though, while I finish up my pre-dent requirements.

Shout out to all those other SDNers working hard to achieve their dental dreams!

Dave

bbpower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
Work? That's all I do! 40 hours as a provider for disabled, 18 hrs TA biol lab, sales clerk on the weekends, and my research .... Almost outta here.. woowee. Can't wait til D school starts.

ASUgrad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Gilbert
Status (Visible)
Currently, working about 30 hours a week as dental assistant, I began by shadowing --> Interning --> Working. I also on monday's about 2 hours tutor/mentor middle school kids who are educationally a step behind. On Friday's I volunteer about 8 hours in a family transition center that helps find and then setup low income housing (from apartment -- toiletries) for people in transition.
So, all in all I contribute about 40 hours a week to work/volunteer and take classes (Physics and Anatomy) and study for the DAT, so to take it in May.

Those are my hours.

BillE

TyLawInt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Boston, MA
Status (Visible)
I am a technical support engineer for software testing tools at a very large software company. I'm also 27, and I haven't always desired to work in health care, so I guess you could say I'm getting a late start in all of this. This job has helped me to develop good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, which I think will be helpful for me in the future.

Any other IT folks out there?

misogi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Dallas, TX
Status (Visible)
I'm currently working full time as a software engineer. I can't wait quit work and start dental school!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.