Pre-dents: Do you work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all the pre-dents: do you work?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did every semester but my last one... vacation city!

You bet I work, full time. Gotta provide for my family, you know what I'm sayin! Definately a lot harder with a wife, 1 kid and another due any day, but you do what you gotta do.

hi Bus!

i work as a dental assistant-- and i love it!
Needless to say, it's taught me a ton.

;) Sujain

I am currently holding court as an air quality inspector for Maricopa.

I work part time in a reserach lab

50+ hours a week. Need to support a family of four. :clap:

Yes, I am a full time worker. I am a health educator! :)

Audiologist for seven years.

I work full time in biological product development for a Nanotechnology Company.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by toothpixie
hi Bus!

i work as a dental assistant-- and i love it!
Needless to say, it's taught me a ton.

;) Sujain

hey tooth! I pmed you.

Yup, part time in a jewelry stand.

Yes! Part-time (12-24 hrs/wk) through undergrad.
After graduation 40-60hrs week as an ER tech.

Yes-- as an undergrad I worked 20 hrs/week as an Academic Advisor and now that I'm graduated I work full-time as a Registrar for Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions.

Past 4 years as a chemist in a prominent clinical diagnostics company.

same here. have always worked (high school, college, no college, etc etc).

been working as a dental assistant for the past year and a half and love it. The Dr. has been letting me make all the night guards that he has had for the past month and i haven't screwed up once yet.

:clap: :D

still learning more and more everyday and i can't wait to get my hands on stuff in dental school. btw, i hated it when i was trying to pour cast without having air bubbles.

I have worked all but 1 year of my undergraduate schooling. Currently I work in the disability resource department at ASU and TA O-Chem. I am in the same boat as a lot of others, got to provide a little for the family!

BA
OU CLASS OF 2008

When I was an undergrad I owned a lawn service and had 3 employees. When I went for my masters, I subcontracted all my contracts ( 85 ) and worked as a manger in Citibank in the collections dept...so much fun :D

Ahhh...only 24 and all I did in life is work. I need to get out and play!!!

Originally posted by Brocnizer2007
...worked as a manger in Citibank in the collections dept...so much fun :D

The grim reaper.;)

I was a dental asst for 13 years, now I teach Dental assisiting.

still an undergrad. work for the us postal service doing encoding and at ahealth club.

50+ hours a week working for a hospital in pharmacy information systems. Basically a pharmacy technician with an administrative role. Support on the new pharmacy system install (McKesson Horizon Meds Manager), interface testing and maintenance, Drug distribution system (Pyxis) system administrator, running reports, financial analysis of drug use, C II-V narcotic discrepancy reports, etc.. Its fun and I'm learning a ton about clinical informatics, drug and allergy interactions, etc.. but its not what I want to do with the rest of my life. It pays the bills for now though, while I finish up my pre-dent requirements.

Shout out to all those other SDNers working hard to achieve their dental dreams!

Dave

Work? That's all I do! 40 hours as a provider for disabled, 18 hrs TA biol lab, sales clerk on the weekends, and my research .... Almost outta here.. woowee. Can't wait til D school starts.

Currently, working about 30 hours a week as dental assistant, I began by shadowing --> Interning --> Working. I also on monday's about 2 hours tutor/mentor middle school kids who are educationally a step behind. On Friday's I volunteer about 8 hours in a family transition center that helps find and then setup low income housing (from apartment -- toiletries) for people in transition.
So, all in all I contribute about 40 hours a week to work/volunteer and take classes (Physics and Anatomy) and study for the DAT, so to take it in May.

Those are my hours.

BillE

I am a technical support engineer for software testing tools at a very large software company. I'm also 27, and I haven't always desired to work in health care, so I guess you could say I'm getting a late start in all of this. This job has helped me to develop good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, which I think will be helpful for me in the future.

Any other IT folks out there?

I'm currently working full time as a software engineer. I can't wait quit work and start dental school!