Pre-Health Committee Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cubedude56

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a PharmD student that strongly wants to apply to medical school. I am currently in a School of Pharmacy, and am looking to apply for next years cycle. However, at the professional school I am at, there is no Pre-Health Committee! I know that it is possible for many schools to substitute the committee letter for 2-3 individual letters of recommendation (Science and Non-Science). What would be the best way for me to go about sending my letters of recommendations to the medical schools? Thanks in advance!

Also, from SDN members that have gone from Pharmacy to Medicine or know people who have, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 
You can indeed substitute individual letters for the committee letter. All your letters will be sent into AMCAS when you apply and AMCAS will send them to the schools you designate them to. Letter writers can submit them a few ways. I didn't want to figure out Interfolio so I just had them mail them in with a cover sheet that your can print off from AMCAS.
 
Hello, I am a PharmD student that strongly wants to apply to medical school. I am currently in a School of Pharmacy, and am looking to apply for next years cycle. However, at the professional school I am at, there is no Pre-Health Committee! I know that it is possible for many schools to substitute the committee letter for 2-3 individual letters of recommendation (Science and Non-Science). What would be the best way for me to go about sending my letters of recommendations to the medical schools? Thanks in advance!

Also, from SDN members that have gone from Pharmacy to Medicine or know people who have, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I had a few secondary apps say, "if you have no committee letter, please explain why."

so be prepared for that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools will put you at a clear disadvantage and even go as far as rejecting you if you don't have a prehealth committee letter from a school.
 
Some schools will put you at a clear disadvantage and even go as far as rejecting you if you don't have a prehealth committee letter from a school.

...unless, of course, the applicant comes from a school where no such letter is available. refer back to the OP.
 
I had a few secondary apps say, "if you have no committee letter, please explain why."

so be prepared for that

Easy answer: No committee available. Then you can move on.


OP, just have the letter writers upload to AMCAS. AMCAS gives you a sheet which you print off and give to the writer with the instructions, it is super easy. They can mail or upload it online with a signature.

Make sure you meet the requirements for each school though since they are all slightly different.
 
OP, just have the letter writers upload to AMCAS. AMCAS gives you a sheet which you print off and give to the writer with the instructions, it is super easy. They can mail or upload it online with a signature.

... or Interfolio if you think there's a possibility that you might require more than one try. 😉 (so the letters can be recycled)
 
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I hope the absence of a committee letter won't negatively impact my chances too much...