Pre-Interview vs. Post-Interview Syndrome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUCPM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pre-Interview Syndrome:

1. You start unsubscribing from all your email lists.

Post-Interview Syndrome:

1. Your excessive email checking causes your smart phone battery to die prematurely.

Feel free to add more.

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-Interview Syndrome:

Post-Interview Syndrome:

1. Your excessive email checking causes your smart phone battery to die prematurely.

2. The slowly degenerating view of one's interview performance. Immediately post interview: Hmm, that wasn't so bad. I think I did pretty well!
1 day later: Maybe I shouldn't have made that one particular comment...
1 week later: OMG I totally screwed myself at that interview. There's no way I'm getting accepted.

Feel free to add more.

Pre-Interview Syndrome:

2. Jumping at every "You've got mail" tone (even in the middle of the night)
3. Repeatedly tapping the "Update Inbox" button even though your phone has push email capabilities.

Post-Interview Syndrome:

2. The slowly degenerating view of one's interview performance. Immediately post interview: Hmm, that wasn't so bad. I think I did pretty well!
1 week later: OMG I totally screwed myself at that interview. There's no way I'm getting accepted.

Feel free to add more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-Interview Syndrome:

2. Jumping at every "You've got mail" tone (even in the middle of the night)
3. Repeatedly tapping the "Update Inbox" button even though your phone has push email capabilities.
4. Even though it's the middle of summer, you're pale from spending so much time indoors, checking your e-mail over and over and over and over again.
5. The sound of a new inbox message is shortly followed by an exasperated yell, usually due to the alert that "Viagara pills are only 5 cents! Buy Now!"

Post-Interview Syndrome:

Feel free to add more.

Pre:
The relentless and overboard prepartion of the most perfect interview answers.

The realization that not a single one of those answers came out of your mouth.

Pre:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is so incredibly true. I don't rehearse but I do plan my answers out some. Even still they never come out anywhere near how I imagined.

Pre:

LMAO eppic!! Im in the premature process of submitting the apps. I have a problem with talking excessivily, I do sales so I have to make sure I don't over or under talk or potentially say something stupid:bang:

LMAO eppic!! Im in the premature process of submitting the apps. I have a problem with talking excessivily, I do sales so I have to make sure I don't over or under talk or potentially say something stupid:bang:

I am this way too, for sure. I'm relying on facial expressions from the interviewer to know when I should say "And that's why I think I *insert question in statement form here*" and cue a cheesy, semi-awkward smile. :D

Pre-interview:

you start hating the weekends because you know you won't get an interview invite e-mail from a school and can't wait for Monday to come.