Pre-med/post-bac rads research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhillyGrappler

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm redoing my pre-med requirements as I have decided to apply to medical school after half a decade in the work force.

Would I be able to get involved in rads research prior to starting medical school and if so would it help my eventual application for rads residency programs?

I have plenty of time, am willing to work for free, and I am minutes from 4 med schools with rads residencies. The only questions I have are 1) would I be qualified to help out without med school experience 2) would this type of research experience help with eventual applications for rads residencies 3) would a PD be willing to take on someone like myself who is willing to work for free.

I have plenty of time and I am willing to do grunt work ad nauseum.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
 
PhillyGrappler said:
I'm redoing my pre-med requirements as I have decided to apply to medical school after half a decade in the work force.

Would I be able to get involved in rads research prior to starting medical school and if so would it help my eventual application for rads residency programs?

I have plenty of time, am willing to work for free, and I am minutes from 4 med schools with rads residencies. The only questions I have are 1) would I be qualified to help out without med school experience 2) would this type of research experience help with eventual applications for rads residencies 3) would a PD be willing to take on someone like myself who is willing to work for free.

I have plenty of time and I am willing to do grunt work ad nauseum.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I'm a post-bacc too and i'm workin at the NIH. I assume you live in philly but theres tons of imaging research down here. And probably the best imaging facilities/resources in the world. I'm a post-bacc and I do mirco-MRI and micro-CT of Primate joints to study OA. So its kind of Rads/ortho. My buddy who is an biomed engineer does MRI of a beating heart to try to develop it as an imaging technique. There's hundreds of studys on stuff like that here. After you finish your classes you might want to check out: www.training.nih.gov to see some of the programs that they have.

Hope this helps

Jim
 
JDW & Brett,

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the Philly are but I appreciate your responses.