Pre-Med Programs in Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proprietary

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the United States they have post-baccalaureate (post-bacc) programs, where older students with Bachelor's degrees return to school to take their pre-med science classes. They are then prepared to sit for the MCAT and apply to medical schools. I am an older student and I am going to eventually apply for medical school. I want to go to medical school in Australia, but I would like to take my core science classes in order to have a strong GAMSAT score, and I'd like to do this in Australia. Does anyone know if any schools in Australia have the equivalent of a U.S. post-bacc program?

Members don't see this ad.

Proprietary said:
In the United States they have post-baccalaureate (post-bacc) programs, where older students with Bachelor's degrees return to school to take their pre-med science classes. They are then prepared to sit for the MCAT and apply to medical schools. I am an older student and I am going to eventually apply for medical school. I want to go to medical school in Australia, but I would like to take my core science classes in order to have a strong GAMSAT score, and I'd like to do this in Australia. Does anyone know if any schools in Australia have the equivalent of a U.S. post-bacc program?

I don't htink there's a post-bacc equivalent over here. Pretty much anyone can sit the GAMSAT provided htey have some sorta science background. If you really want, you could just enrol to do a science course first or whatnot.