Pre-Med: University of Virginia vs. Virginia Tech

N2Medicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Virginia Tech is really good from what I hear and It's one of my choices also. My opinion doesn't really have any strength here, but I think the University of Virginia has a really good medical school. But if YOU feel like you should transfer, transfer. I don't think there will be a BIG difference.

I'm not sure about anything with Virginia Tech, but I know that UVA has a scribe program that sounds pretty good for clinical experience

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm already in college, but this hsdn-forum is more suited for choosing undergraduate universities.

I'm a virginia resident.

I'm enrolled at virginia tech right now as a biochemistry major.

After the incident with the shooting of the cop in december 2011, i opened a transfer application with the university of virginia for fall 2012.

I received my decision today, and i was waitlisted. Fortunately for me, they want to see my spring 2012 grades to make a final decision. I'm going to end the semester with a 4.0 and i applied to their biggest college, so i think i have a decent chance of getting in off the waitlist.

Now i'm stuck trying to choose between them.

Which school would you choose?

Tl;dr university of virginia or virginia tech for pre-med?

uva

Although I go to UVA and love it, we can't make that decision for you. Which one do you think will make you happier? If Tech, stay there, if UVA, come here.

Go to UVA and start working on a research project with one of the departments there so they can write you a letter of rec to their med school. It'll help get your foot in the door there. Plus, c-ville is gorgeous.

UVA hands down!

as a VT alum, I beg you not to base your decision on a freak and extremely tragic incident that happened. that sort of stuff can and does happen anywhere. the people in Blacksburg are some of the nicest and most generous you'll ever meet, and the town is extremely safe. base your decision on what each school has to offer you and how that will ultimately help or hinder you to achieve your ultimate goal.