Pre-Medical Course Requirements - Upper Level Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maestrohuang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a fight with the biology department at my university to allow me to get an override to get into biochemistry, which is a 3000 level course here. The prereq for all 3000+ courses is cell bio, which was not a requirement at my old school and now I could be forced to take this and I was planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I am currently in my first semester here at the university and transferred in plenty of courses or enrolled in them now:

General Bio I and II
General Chem I and II
General Physics I and II
Org Chem I and II
Anatomy and Physiology I and II ------ (more advanced A&P than the one offered here)
Human Physiology -------------------- (considered BIO 3200 here)
Microbiology
Pathophysiology ----------------------(considered BIO 3300 here)
Human Nutrition
Exercise Physiology (KIN)

Is biochemistry required or will I be alright just taking the Cellular Biology course and then applying? I can just say I am going to be enrolled in biochemistry in the fall, but it is not the same as having taken it already.

Members don't see this ad.

Biochemistry is required at very few medical schools. Additionally you only need to have pre-req's completed prior to matriculation.

I see no issue what so ever other than the fact you attend an annoying ass university.

Biochemistry is required at very few medical schools. Additionally you only need to have pre-req's completed prior to matriculation.

I see no issue what so ever other than the fact you attend an annoying ass university.

:thumbup:

Assuming good grades & MCAT scores, I think you're in great shape right now and should apply the way you are.