Should I take my BIO 110 course on ecology, and evolution?

Started by Glitchy_32
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Glitchy_32

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My college operates on a trimester system, and the intro sequence biology is split into three course 110-130.
Bio 120 and 130 cover cell biology and genetics. I plan to major in biochemistry, but my major doesn't require Bio 110 nor is the course a required prereq for any other courses. if I don't take it would I be fine the general biology requirements for most medical schools?
 
My college operates on a trimester system, and the intro sequence biology is split into three course 110-130.
Bio 120 and 130 cover cell biology and genetics. I plan to major in biochemistry, but my major doesn't require Bio 110 nor is the course a required prereq for any other courses. if I don't take it would I be fine the general biology requirements for most medical schools?
Welcome to the forums.

What does your prehealth office suggest? If you are a biology major, If it's not required, you need to confirm that skipping the course doesn't prevent you from taking other important intermediate or upper-level courses.

The tricky part is that semester/trimester hours problem. Taking 2 trimesters of intro bio is not the same as taking 2 semesters of intro bio (usually required unless the med school has listed "content competencies"). That's why you ask your prehealth advisors or the bio department advisors on campus.