pre-opt. clubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stargazzer

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if schools such as berkely optom. or SCCO heavily consider being part of a pre-opt. club is very important in their applicants? Does anyone have any feedback about this? Also, are there any optom. schools in Nevada or Arizona?

Thanks!! 🙂
 
No schools in Nevada or Arizona. I dont think being a part of a pre-opt club really helps or hurts your application. Pretty much every person can claim to be part of such a club. Something like working for an optometrist or doing a lot of shadowing of doctors shows your interest a lot more than being part of a pre-opt club. I was definitely not in one in undergrad, i dont even think my college offered one, and it didnt have any negative effect on my application
 
I was wondering if schools such as berkely optom. or SCCO heavily consider being part of a pre-opt. club is very important in their applicants? Does anyone have any feedback about this? Also, are there any optom. schools in Nevada or Arizona?

Thanks!! 🙂

There's a big distinction between being a member, and actually taking an actice role in such a club. General club membership generally doesn't mean anything, but leadership in general, doesn't matter what the club is about, is a positive. However, I doubt anyone gets any extra points just b/c it was a pre-opt club