Pre-Pharm curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinda001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this board, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Years. I am currently a Florida resident enrolled at Valencia CC and I am taking my prerequisites. I do plan on going to Nova Southeastern. They list the curriculum pre-reqs as such:

General Biology 3 semester hours
Anatomy and Physiology3 semester hours
General Biology or Anatomy and Physiology4 semester hours including laboratory
General Chemistry8 semester hours including laboratory
Organic Chemistry8 semester hours including laboratory
English
6 semester hours
Calculus3 semester hours
Speech
3 semester hours
Statistics3 semester hours
Macroeconomics3 semester hours
Microeconomics3 semester hours
Humanities/Social/Behavioral Sciences
15 semester hours.

The BLUE are the classes that I have completed. I am just trying to figure out what schedule I should create for the next year.

I am in precalc algebra, then I have to take Trig, is it then Calculus?

I am currently in Intro to Chemistry, then I believe I have to take Chem 1, Chem 2 and then Organic Chem 1, then 2.

I already completed Bio 1, judging from the list above I am not sure if I have to take Bio 2 AND/OR Anat and Phys.

And after what classes should I take the PCAT?

Is this the place where I take these questions? I am new so I am not sure. Please

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i am in precalc algebra, then i have to take trig, is it then calculus?

Yes, you have to do precalculus algebra, then precalculus trig and then calculus unless your able to test out of one of the classes, that is the correct order.

I am currently in intro to chemistry, then i believe i have to take chem 1, chem 2 and then organic chem 1, then 2.

That is correct, but intro to chemistry is not a requirement, but your order is correct.

I already completed bio 1, judging from the list above i am not sure if i have to take bio 2 and/or anat and phys.

You can actually take both at the same time, biology II and a&p I. It's your choice, but check with your cc first but I don't think that will be a problem because biology I is usually the prerequisite for a&p I.

And after what classes should i take the pcat?

The pcat covers biology I & II, chemistry I & II, organic I, calculus, a&p I, and statistics. You may be able to take it after just studying the kaplan book or some other study manual too.

Is this the place where i take these questions? I am new so i am not sure. Please

HTH

Last edited:
After precalc algebra, you take precalc trig and then calculus. From the list above, you have to take Anat and Phys I AND you can either take Bio II with lab or Anat and Phys II with lab. I recommend taking Anat and Phys II with lab. You should take the PCAT after you have completed precalc trig, Organic Chem I, and Anat and Phys I & II.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help.

This is very disparaging being that I'm 25. I feel old. If only I did all this when I was 18. :(

Thanks.

One more thing,

is it Precalc Algebra, Trig, precalc, calc

or Precalc Algebra, Trig, then Calc?

One more thing,

is it Precalc Algebra, Trig, precalc, calc

or Precalc Algebra, Trig, then Calc?

Trig = Precal Trig, it's a series precalc algerbra and precalc trig