1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pre-Pharm curriculum

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by cinda001, Jan 5, 2009.

1. cinda001

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello all,

I am new to this board, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Years. I am currently a Florida resident enrolled at Valencia CC and I am taking my prerequisites. I do plan on going to Nova Southeastern. They list the curriculum pre-reqs as such:

General Biology 3 semester hours
    Anatomy and Physiology3 semester hours
    General Biology or Anatomy and Physiology4 semester hours including laboratory
    General Chemistry8 semester hours including laboratory
    Organic Chemistry8 semester hours including laboratory
    English
    6 semester hours
    Calculus3 semester hours
    Speech
    3 semester hours
    Statistics3 semester hours
    Macroeconomics3 semester hours
    Microeconomics3 semester hours
    Humanities/Social/Behavioral Sciences
    15 semester hours.

The BLUE are the classes that I have completed. I am just trying to figure out what schedule I should create for the next year.

I am in precalc algebra, then I have to take Trig, is it then Calculus?

I am currently in Intro to Chemistry, then I believe I have to take Chem 1, Chem 2 and then Organic Chem 1, then 2.

I already completed Bio 1, judging from the list above I am not sure if I have to take Bio 2 AND/OR Anat and Phys.

And after what classes should I take the PCAT?

Is this the place where I take these questions? I am new so I am not sure. Please

#1 cinda001, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tootoo30

tootoo30 Account Closed!
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yes, you have to do precalculus algebra, then precalculus trig and then calculus unless your able to test out of one of the classes, that is the correct order.

That is correct, but intro to chemistry is not a requirement, but your order is correct.

You can actually take both at the same time, biology II and a&p I. It's your choice, but check with your cc first but I don't think that will be a problem because biology I is usually the prerequisite for a&p I.

The pcat covers biology I & II, chemistry I & II, organic I, calculus, a&p I, and statistics. You may be able to take it after just studying the kaplan book or some other study manual too.

Is this the place where i take these questions? I am new so i am not sure. Please

HTH

#2 tootoo30, Jan 5, 2009
  4. CPhT

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    After precalc algebra, you take precalc trig and then calculus. From the list above, you have to take Anat and Phys I AND you can either take Bio II with lab or Anat and Phys II with lab. I recommend taking Anat and Phys II with lab. You should take the PCAT after you have completed precalc trig, Organic Chem I, and Anat and Phys I & II.

#3 CPhT, Jan 5, 2009
  5. cinda001

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for the help.

This is very disparaging being that I'm 25. I feel old. If only I did all this when I was 18. :(

Thanks.

6. cinda001

Pre-Pharmacy
    One more thing,

is it Precalc Algebra, Trig, precalc, calc

or Precalc Algebra, Trig, then Calc?

7. tootoo30

tootoo30 Account Closed!
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist

Trig = Precal Trig, it's a series precalc algerbra and precalc trig