Pre-pharm requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rectangles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-Can you apply to Pharm school while still completing the pre-reqs (non -pcat pre - reqs). They would be completed prior to matriculation but not before the app goes out.

-Also can you apply to pharmacy school without a pharm LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

-Can you apply to Pharm school while still completing the pre-reqs (non -pcat pre - reqs). They would be completed prior to matriculation but not before the app goes out.

School specific: most allow ~ 2 pending pre-reqs (some schools more...some schools less)

LOR: same concept ... school specific

You need to learn how to research. Your questions can quickly be found using “google” with the school of your choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I was going to give a response but then I seen this:

Orrr I could ask SDN. Thanks :D

I’ll pass on my response now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

Sen
u

Seems kind of silly if you ask me, people take giving advice of SDN far to seriously when its a platform used for exactly that. With a reply like yours Im not really sure why you bothered but hey, heres a cookie for anouncing your thought process. Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems kind of silly if you ask me, people take giving advice of SDN far to seriously when its a platform used for exactly that. With a reply like yours Im not really sure why you bothered but hey, heres a cookie for anouncing your thought process. Enjoy.

I like them with chocolate chips please and thank you.

The same thing you’re asking has been asked 1,000 times already.

If you searched, or even attempted to look for the answer, you would know that people apply to pharmacy school all the time when they haven’t finished all of their pre-requisites.. you’ll also find that most likely you won’t get an interview unless you have already taken organic 1..

Oh and you’ll also find that some schools don’t require the PCAT - so that wouldn’t matter either..

Instead of being the lazy, entitled, spoon fed little kid that you are.. try being a little more appreciative the next time someone helps you - you’ll go a lot further that way..

As for your LOR - PharmCAS, you know the Pharmacy College Application Service, prompts you for multiple LOR’s - I’m sure you could attempt to apply to schools but you probably won’t get very far without at least one LOR...

You could also check their school directory to see what certain schools require..

School Directory – PharmCAS

(Personally) I haven’t seen a school not require them - doesn’t mean they all do or don’t - just I have never seen them (out of the schools I researched personally)..

Reactions: 2 users

It’s not that SDNers are being to serious (typically the opposite). It’s just that your question is overly simplistic and is asked over - n - over on the forum. With a simple search you’ll have all the answers you’ll need. Don’t ask the forum to do hw for you. Ask the forum for “opinions” or “advice” after you did the work. That’s what’ll make a forum interesting for you.

Reactions: 1 users
I like them with chocolate chips please and thank you.

The same thing you’re asking has been asked 1,000 times already.

If you searched, or even attempted to look for the answer, you would know that people apply to pharmacy school all the time when they haven’t finished all of their pre-requisites.. you’ll also find that most likely you won’t get an interview unless you have already taken organic 1..

Oh and you’ll also find that some schools don’t require the PCAT - so that wouldn’t matter either..

Instead of being the lazy, entitled, spoon fed little kid that you are.. try being a little more appreciative the next time someone helps you - you’ll go a lot further that way..

As for your LOR - PharmCAS, you know the Pharmacy College Application Service, prompts you for multiple LOR’s - I’m sure you could attempt to apply to schools but you probably won’t get very far without at least one LOR...

You could also check their school directory to see what certain schools require..

School Directory – PharmCAS

(Personally) I haven’t seen a school not require them - doesn’t mean they all do or don’t - just I have never seen them (out of the schools I researched personally)..

Oh boy now he's upset.
I asked SDN only after checking a few schools I was interested in and not finding definite answers. I likewise could have (and probably will eventually) call up the schools to ask more specifically. Later. For now Its just a question since I havent even picked my whole school list, agknowlege that there are pre-reqs that vary and Im just filling curiosity with other peoples insight/experience. Yes, I could have sat there and continued to "google" schools, but in general SDN is also a good resource for simple questions since people like yourself, are usually able to answer them.
Your first reply was useless and your second was you just being a crybaby, albiet a helpful crybaby towards the end there.
Your being upset because the questions were asked before is quite frankly a dumb reason to hold even a small level of animosity and certainly not a call for your temper tantrum. No one holds a gun to anyone's head to reply. You choose to do so the same way you equally could have chosen not to. In this case, I didn't search the SDN forums before posting my question but even with that, you getting your panties in a bunch over it is still really dumb.

Only a handful of schools don't require the PCAT and in general are more competitive. So it does matter.

As for the rest, grow up, and keep baseless word vomit to a minimum. Im sure you know all about that with how far you've gotten.

We're all out of chocolate, sorry.

It’s not that SDNers are being to serious (typically the opposite). It’s just that your question is overly simplistic and is asked over - n - over on the forum. With a simple search you’ll have all the answers you’ll need. Don’t ask the forum to do hw for you. Ask the forum for “opinions” or “advice” after you did the work. That’s what’ll make a forum interesting for you.

I disagree with SDNers often being too serious, but I'll keep the rest in mind.

Oh boy now he's upset.

Why must I be a male? Does my gender really matter that much to you?

I asked SDN only after checking a few schools I was interested in and not finding definite answers. I likewise could have (and probably will eventually) call up the schools to ask more specifically.

You do know that you could find the majority of your questions on one website right?PharmCAS.. has all of the schools listed and have a list of requirement as well as links to the schools official website for their respective College of Pharmacy.

Your first reply was useless and your second was you just being a crybaby, albiet a helpful crybaby towards the end there.
Your being upset because the questions were asked before is quite frankly a dumb reason to hold even a small level of animosity and certainly not a call for your temper tantrum. No one holds a gun to anyone's head to reply. You choose to do so the same way you equally could have chosen not to. In this case, I didn't search the SDN forums before posting my question but even with that, you getting your panties in a bunch over it is still really dumb.

You’re right about no one is forcing anyone to reply to you. I’ll stop replying to you for the shear fact that you feel that everyone else is responsible for doing your own research.. with that being said, this will be my last response - regardless of what witty remark you might have for it.

Only a handful of schools don't require the PCAT and in general are more competitive. So it does matter.

You’ll find that a good majority don’t require it or are at least moving away from it. The reason being is that good test takers doesn’t equate to good students.. anyone can cram for a test, yet, not everyone will actually retain that information for the long run.

If you’re that concerned about the PCAT - understand that as long as you make at least a 20 - you’ll get accepted into a program - it might not be your first choice - but you’ll still get accepted somewhere..

Pharmacy school is going to be expensive - so be prepared for more student loans (I would estimate at least $150,000 to $250,000).

Best of luck on whichever route you decide to choose - MD, DO, PharmD, PA, RN, whatever.

Why must I be a male? Does my gender really matter that much to you?

You're a male because your profile says so. No one cares about your gender.

You do know that you could find the majority of your questions on one website right? PharmCAS.. has all of the schools listed and have a list of requirement as well as links to the schools official website for their respective College of Pharmacy.

You clearly didn't read anything that I wrote. Go back, reread. I already explained how I got to SDN.

You’ll find that a good majority don’t require it or are at least moving away from it. The reason being is that good test takers doesn’t equate to good students.. anyone can cram for a test, yet, not everyone will actually retain that information for the long run.

The majority DO require it and if they are moving away from it they haven't yet and most likely won't by the time I apply. I agree, the PCAT does a bad job of correlating to who makes a good student, but similar to other entrance exams like the MCAT it does have a good correlation to board pass rate, which we, and institutions, know is the long term goal given the investment.

I never said that I was concerned about the PCAT, if anything I know that taking it and doing well will increase my chances of acceptance, which is why I never once asked about it.

SDN is supposed to be a flow of useful information between people who have it and people who don't. Don't go around starting agitations and then begging for appreciation just because you're on the internet. Maybe all of this seems common sense to you, but as someone who is potentially switching career paths, it's not to me and so I'm prepared to ask all of the questions I need to get going. If you didn't like that I asked a popular question, just say that, it does nothing for anyone (me and you especially) otherwise. Anyways, some of what you said is actually helpful, and I'll take that. So thanks.

Last edited: