Pre-Pharmacy / Pre-Dental Schools plz

Started by chriss
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chriss

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I'm a Canadian citizen and currently in grade 11/Junior year.
I don't take any AP courses (because my school doesnt offer it), and my overall average is 94 (so far) and hope to finish around that mark (i think its 4.0 GPA).

My ACT scores arn't that great, but I really haven't tried... and so I hope to get 31-32 before applying...

I didn't do the SAT subject tests either (sigh... they look so hard)

and my EC includes orchestra, mexico & texas mission trips, fundraising, hosital, etc.

I'm thinking of either becoming a dentist (but im not sure if i'm crafty enough) or a pharamcist (but im better at bio than chem).


what are some great universities that offer pre-dental or pre-pharmacy?
which one should i apply to?
what GPA, ACT, SAT II scores are required?
(whats the diff between accelerated programs and pre- programs?)


THANKS so much :laugh:
 
From what i've read on here...

the best university is the one that fits you best. Whether or not you get in to professional school primarily depends on your GPA and your PCAT, DAT, etc. If you do well, you can get in from any accredited uni in the US.

Pre-programs are simply a track of the required courses to get into your professional program. i don't even think its a major. for example, my college doesn't have anything called "pre-pharmacy", but i will just do the required courses and then apply to pharmacy school. you can do a pre-program anywhere, and just look at the required courses for the professional schools you're thinking about to get an idea what courses to take.

SAT/ACT scores vary widely by unis

accelerated programs get you through faster....not sure if its on the professional side or undergrad side though. and accelerated programs are usually more expensive, or harder to get in to, or something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmacy accelerated programs seem to be much more prevalent than other health schools. I think since you are currently indecisive, like most people, you might be better to first do undergrad. While in undergrad you can explore both careers and take courses that will help you find out if you like the material. For example, before I started college, I hated chemistry because my high school teacher was horrible and got fired after her one year of teaching. However, I ended up really enjoying chemistry and doing extremely well in it. It all depends on how hard you work and how much you want it.
 
Hello

I'm a Canadian citizen and currently in grade 11/Junior year.
I don't take any AP courses (because my school doesnt offer it), and my overall average is 94 (so far) and hope to finish around that mark (i think its 4.0 GPA).

My ACT scores arn't that great, but I really haven't tried... and so I hope to get 31-32 before applying...

I didn't do the SAT subject tests either (sigh... they look so hard)

and my EC includes orchestra, mexico & texas mission trips, fundraising, hosital, etc.

I'm thinking of either becoming a dentist (but im not sure if i'm crafty enough) or a pharamcist (but im better at bio than chem).


what are some great universities that offer pre-dental or pre-pharmacy?
which one should i apply to?
what GPA, ACT, SAT II scores are required?
(whats the diff between accelerated programs and pre- programs?)


THANKS so much :laugh:

What province are you from ? Why can't do your undergrad in Canada ?

Or if you are planning go to Ivy school, go to google and google for Collegeconfidencial. Almost all the applicants for Ivy have a 4.0 GPA and very high SAT or ACT score with excellent ECs.