Pre-Pharmacy Schedule

Started by JLD299
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JLD299

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already have a BA in ecomonomics and Associates in Liberal Arts so that should fulfill any requirements for english, liberal arts, and economics. I am also currently working full time until this winter.

I also got a C+ in micro economics and B- in statistic. Should I retake these courses?

Fall 10'
Bio I - Community College

Winter '10
Speech - Community College

Begin State University Full Time
Spring '11
Bio II
Chem I
Calc I (got a C+ in this, i don't know if I should retake it)
Pyschology

Summer '11
Chem II
Physics I
Calc II

Fall '11
Organic Chem I
Physics II
Anatomy I
Microbio

Spring
Organic Chem II
Sociology
Anatomy II

Is this even do-able?
 
I already have a BA in ecomonomics and Associates in Liberal Arts so that should fulfill any requirements for english, liberal arts, and economics. I am also currently working full time until this winter.

I also got a C+ in micro economics and B- in statistic. Should I retake these courses?

NO

Fall 10'
Bio I - Community College

Winter '10
Speech - Community College

Begin State University Full Time
Spring '11
Bio II
Chem I
Calc I (got a C+ in this, i don't know if I should retake it)
Pyschology

Summer '11
Chem II
Physics I
Calc II

I am not sure if you are doing the above^^ in two summer sessions, but taking them together over just ONE summer session is going to kill you. Not adviseable. Don't retake the calc and move Micro into Spring 11.

Fall '11
Organic Chem I
Physics II
Anatomy I
Microbio

I wouldn't do the above. But, that is just me. Physics, Ochem, and A&P are among the hardest pre-reqs IMO. Doing them together is going to make you lose your hair 😉

Spring
Organic Chem II
Sociology
Anatomy II

Is this even do-able?
 
It's doable....however you may want to kill yourself especially fall 2011 and during your summer 2011 classes 🙂

I'd recommend if possible to switch speech with a science class...that may make your multi-science semesters more barable. Don't get me wrong I'm majoring in biology and chemistry and it was nice/refreshing to have a class that wasn't science related (you know for your sanity).


Since calculus, econ, and stats were earned when you 'weren't serious about pharmacy' consider this scenario: You could argue that hey I wasn't completely serious with my studies since I wasn't pre-pharm. However, now that you are, show that you can pull of great grades in your science classes to prove to adcoms that you're ready for pharmacy school.
 
Last edited:
Does your school split summer into two sessions, or are you planning on taking those three courses during one long session? If it's one big session, you might be able to fit in two courses, one during the day and one during the night, but you'll have a heck of a time finding time for all three. The other option is to take one of the courses online. If you're not already relatively competent in those subjects, I wouldn't recommend it.

Like others above have said, you don't have to retake any of your classes that you had a C or better in. You've got a bachelors already, which looks good on you, and shows you have the ability to complete a commitment.